Will density of metal increase with temperature and cold working?

I have a metal strip (20 x 180 x 1 mm) formed by electrodeposition. The metal strip was annealed to 935 degree centigrade (microstructure showed increase in grain size). The strip was further cold rolled to (30 x 360 x 0.5 mm) on a rolling mill.

1. Will the density increase or decrease after annealing ?

2. Will the density increase or decrease after rolling ?

3. Also provide any references if available.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Design invites: Take a look at how space has been portrayed in film over the past decade, from nonfiction movies such as First Man to space fantasy in the Star...
DesignSpark says: In the first of a new series, Dr Volker de Haas, designer of the open source PLC/IPC Revolution Pi, explains the core differences between automation and IT.Part 1...
From Pocket: A few tips on how to craft emails to quickly and clearly relay messages and avoid miscommunication.https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-to-write-email-with-military-precision
The only pythons I know of were some in my grandfather's farm and a huge one that I saw in Thekkadi sanctuary in Kerala. No idea if what is claimed...
 Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released 54,953 vacancies for the selection of candidates to the post of General Duty (GD) Constable. The interested and eligible candidates had submitted the application...