WiGig Technology Offers Speeds Up To 7 Gbps

So we've a new standard in wireless communications from Intel, called WiGig. The new standard, to be certified in 2013 will offer speeds up to 7 Gbps - just enough to replace most of the wires from your living rooms. The technology is said to be backwards compatible with 802.11 and is capable of docking your enabled Ultrabooks, tablets and smartphones without Wires. The technology can even allow docking of several displays wirelessly.

More On VoiCE: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• arunchary
    arunchary
    ohhh its great...........whether os like winxp supports this divce?...
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    * dreaming about wireless home*
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    arunchary
    ohhh its great...........whether os like winxp supports this divce?...
    It's not a device, it's just a standard that's yet to be certified. The technology will be included in the modern devices ( like DLNA ). My big concern is the range. If the Wi-Fi can go several meters, why can't the modern ones go beyond that? I'm dreaming of a day when Internet will be signalled like radio waves (aka FM radio stations) and we will be wireless all the times. Of course I can foresee the security related problems associated with this approach, but no problem is too difficult, right?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    nopes not device, I totally understand standards, but I am dreamign to owe those devices which run the standards 😁
    oh as far as range goes - it depends on many factors , loss , noise , I vaguely remember it depends on wavelenght too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir i'm an cse student and i wish to be in automobile field as it is my favourite field whether there is any problem in entering the automobile field
Ankit Fadia's website has been hacked and it looks like the hacker's making fun of Mr. Fadia. Check this out: https://www.crazyengineers.com/ankit-fadias-website-ankitfadia-in-gets-hacked-5015/
With the growing popularity of gadgets with display screens, the importance of screen protectors ( aka scratch guards ) is improving too. If you do not have a damaged or...
HOW TO READ BAR CODES.(everyone must know) ALWAYS READ THE LABELS ON THE FOODS YOU BUY--NO MATTER WHAT THE FRONT OF THE BOX OR PACKAGE SAYS, TURN IT OVER AND...
In Etabs on what basis user can decide wheather to build the vertical element as column or shear wall and in a building what basis the number of columns and...