WickedLeak Wammy Neo Priced At Rs. 11,990 To Compete Octa Core Smartphones In India

WickedLeak, the Mumbai-based phone and tablet brand, has today launched a new smartphone cum phablet called the Wammy Neo that features an 1.7 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor and Aqua Protect Technology. Sporting a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS HD capacitive touchscreen display, the WickedLeak Wammy Neo packs inside it 2GB RAM and 8 GB internal memory expandable up to 64GB via microSD card. Also on the tech specs list are - 8 megapixel rear camera and 2 megapixel front camera - with flash and autofocus. Running on the slightly old Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS, the Dual SIM smartphone comes with a 2200 mAh battery.

Coming to the specialized feature of "AquaProtect Technology", the company defines it as a specialized process that applies a liquid repellent substance inside and out of the phone, due to which Wammy Neo can sustain for more than 30mins in water. Among the connectivity features, the specifications list that the Wammy Neo features Bluetooth 2.1, WiFi direct, A-GPS, USB and FM radio.

The phone is priced at Rs. 11,990 in India and even if you order it today, the deliveries will begin from 15th June 2014. Introduced in two plain colors - Black and White, the WickedLeak Wammy Neo smartphone is the cheapest octa-core smartphone in India so far. Earlier, the company had launched its first octa-core smartphone named the Wammy Passion X, which is now selling for Rs 14,990.

The other strong competitors in the Octa-Core smartphone market in India are - Panasonic P81 Launched - Features 1.7 GHz Octa Core, 5.5 Inch Screen And Android Jelly Bean, #-Link-Snipped-# priced at Rs. 18,999, Karbonn Unveils Titanium Hexa, Titanium Octane & Octane Plus Android KitKat Smartphones at Rs. 17,990, Micromax Canvas Knight Launched With Octacore Processor at Rs. 20,000 and the Intex Aqua Octa Features MediaTek MT6592 Octa Core Processor, Priced At Rs. 20,000 In India at 20K too.

What are your thoughts on phones with octa core processors and the newly introduced Wammy Neo phablet? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I haven't seen any phone from wickedleak in past so can't comment about exterior material of the phone.

However by just having a look at the specifications this is a power house with 1.7 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor, 2GM RAM and 8GB internal phone. Additionally the phone can sustain a splash dive in water as well 😒 (Thought WickedLeak is claiming that phone will bear water for 30 mins) WHOA! Probably Samsung or HTC or any other vendor would sell this configuration in 20+ grand. So for me, it is not a bad bid to try on.

I wish they would have packed the device with Kit-Kat and 3000+ mAh battery, it would have been best in call with the given price tag.

BTW, with 5" display why we are saying it a Phablet, anything above 5" should be called phablet, 5" is pretty much in phone series.. 😛
  • spiceluvver
    spiceluvver
    Waiting for this phone to be reviewed on Xda.

It's really jaw dropping in specs for this price range.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ever since electronics giants like Samsung and Sony have fielded their smartwatches in the market, we have been listening to rumours going around the gadget market about a smartwatch from...
Response to CEoM died over the last few months and we're seeking ideas on how'd you like it to be revived? Our idea that we'd allot points for participation in...
University of California, Berkeley researchers have developed a first of its kind laser sensing technology which is able to remotely sense objects that are 30 feet away (that is 10...
Intex Mobiles has launched a new android smartphone in India today called the "Intex Aqua i5 Mini", a low budget phone with above average features. Sporting a 4.5" IPS FWVGA...
My uncle is starting a television station and wants my help. Being just a final year student in electronics and commutation engineering, I've little to no knowledge about the Equipments...