Why we require device drivers ?

Hi friends ,

I am new to CE

can any one tell me why we require device driver's .

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I think these two links will explain what you're looking for :

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Device Driver
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    Device drivers can be software or hardware. They are required because:

1. Dissimilar devices may have different operating voltage levels or logic levels. drivers are used to match them.

2. Mostly a hardware will require a small piece of code to be properly detected and function as a slave device under a primary device. This code is also known as driver software.

3. The software establishes a common data transfer standard, data transfer rate( baud rate), handshaking functions and several other functions fro the device to be properly functional.

Example of hardware drivers...MAX 233 RS232 to TTL line driver
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    Thanks friend's
  • dipen30
    dipen30
    A driver communicates device through the computer bus to which hardware is connected

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends " fiber optical power measurement without breaking it" think over it & let me know
i m Samiksha,studying S.Y.B.Tech. in Mechanical stream.I m in search of a good idea for my project.Please mail me if you have an intresting idea in your mind for a...
To keep the forum clean and make sure unruly behaviour is not encouraged, I suggest going in for a 3 strikes kinda rule. If you spam/abuse or break any other...
Hey can anyone comment if there is still demand for dot net developers.Also by the way what is WCF,WPF & MOSS???😎
So, you have your Ubuntu ready. But before you go around showing it off, you want to really jazz it up. What do you do?? Say hello to Compiz. To...