Why there are so few good Engineers (joke)....

Why there are so few good engineers...

It's the time of the French Revolution and they're doing their usual daily beheadings.

Today they're leading a priest, a prostitute and an engineer up to the guillotine. They ask the priest if he wants to be face up or face down when he meets his fate. The priest says that he would like to be face up as he goes to meet his maker.

They raise the blade of the guillotine, release it, it comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. Being devoutly religious, they take this as divine intervention and release the priest.

Next the prostitute comes to the guillotine. She also decides to die face up hoping that she will be as fortunate as the priest.

They raise the blade of the guillotine, release it, it comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from her neck. So they release the prostitute as well.

The engineer is next. He too decides to die facing up.

They raise the blade of the guillotine and suddenly the engineer cries out: "Hey, I see what your problem is!"

:clap:

Rachel

~~~~~~
Gapyear, Midlife & Corporate Volunteer Programs Abroad | The Leap

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Haha, yeah, I've read this one before.

Interesting thing is that it was an engineer who was partly responsible for development of the guillotine 😀

Lesson of engineering history? Don't design something that would end up killing yourself 😛
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Good joke....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Often, I receive feedback from members that the site is too complicated/difficult to understand. We've discussed this before, through conferences, and through CE Forums. However, I'm looking to seek...
Hello, I am having Oralce 9i databases in my system and I want to format a system,so how to take backup of oracle database and what are the steps I...
Here’s how: 1. First open Command Prompt (Start>Run>Type “cmd” without the quotes) 2. On the flushing cursor type “diskpart” (again without the quotes) Note: Wait for the Diskpart> and the...
if SI engine fuel is changed from Petrol to LPG (Liquified petroleum gas), will there be any drop in engine life. What are the adverse effects expected from the outcome...
Hi All, Since last few hours I am trying a script for disabling right click in all browsers done either through keyboard or mouse. It is working fine in other...