Why Tesla Tower of wireless transmission was destroyed ?

Why Wardenclyffe Tower of wireless transmission was destroyed, as far as I know Tesla’s funder GP Morgan said “without wire then where to put the meters to charge consumers”

And might be Tesla wanted to supply free energy but still the suppliers could put the meters below the receivers ?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Why Wardenclyffe Tower of wireless transmission was destroyed?
    We never know the real answer, but the tower was destroyed because the sponsors
    didnt find a way to commercialize the whole invention from Tesla.

So if they were not able to commercialize they dont make money, so they stopped funding the project and the tower is eventually destroyed.
  • Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    We never know the real answer, but the tower was destroyed because the sponsors
    didnt find a way to commercialize the whole invention from Tesla.

So if they were not able to commercialize they dont make money, so they stopped funding the project and the tower is eventually destroyed.
    yes sir you are true but my question is that they can but energy meter at the receivers and can charge...as far as I know there must be a receivers in Tesla model to collect energy wasn't it ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tesla's dream was destroyed when creditors from Westinghouse confiscated his heavier equipment for nonpayment for services rendered. In addition, James Warden sued Tesla for nonpayment of back taxes. In 1917, the 187-foot tower was destroyed by dynamite explosion as ordered by the U.S. government. It was demolished the same year by the Smiley Steel Company.

According to the plans, the tower would have worked similarly to radio stations and it would have consisted of an enormous wooden receiver tower that worked like a huge aerial to collect the radiant energy from the ether and a 55-foot tall dome made of 55 tons of conductive material to transfer the energy gathered from the electromagnetic fields of Earth into electricity to be used up by consumers.
  • Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Ankita Katdare
    Tesla's dream was destroyed when creditors from Westinghouse confiscated his heavier equipment for nonpayment for services rendered. In addition, James Warden sued Tesla for nonpayment of back taxes. In 1917, the 187-foot tower was destroyed by dynamite explosion as ordered by the U.S. government. It was demolished the same year by the Smiley Steel Company.

According to the plans, the tower would have worked similarly to radio stations and it would have consisted of an enormous wooden receiver tower that worked like a huge aerial to collect the radiant energy from the ether and a 55-foot tall dome made of 55 tons of conductive material to transfer the energy gathered from the electromagnetic fields of Earth into electricity to be used up by consumers.
    So the founder of today’s electrical system failed because of only socioeconomic mater?

So there was no technical drawback of that model? But Tesla’s ideas were published in media there were no other industrialist wished to make that magic happen?
  • yahya idrias
    yahya idrias
    so, is it possible to make a tesla tower again?
  • lal
    lal
    As far as I know, there were no technical problems. Rather the sponsor couldn't sort out a way to make money. It was almost like free energy all around. Anyone could harness it and make use of it if they knew to make an 'energy collector'.

It should be possible to rebuild it. Provided, we know what exactly Tesla had in his mind.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Guys, I was planning to make a dedicated SQL Q&A thread and I am ready to manage it. Before I do so, I wanted to see if people are...
hello everyone. i want to contact chitra thiyagarajan for my project work(conversion of waste plastic to fuel) which i have to do as i am in final year(chemical engineering). can...
Symbian as we're all very familiar with, was once the 'master smartphone brain' of the world. Today, it's no more in the smartphone rat race and hence this has largely...
hello. i want help in my final year project. i want to do a project on using waste plastic for generating fuel. i got to know that you @iyerChitraa Thiyagarajan...
hello friends,i want to buy a camera for home basic use like in functions parties etc.but i do not know the basic qualities which are essential for a camera i...