Why side indicators are attached to the mirrors in automobiles?

I want to know that how the side indicators are attached to the mirror?
Also what is the benefit of this kind of design?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    What exactly are you talking about ? is it about automobile mirrors ?
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    zaveri
    What exactly are you talking about ? is it about automobile mirrors ?
    Yes I'm asking about the cars.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    So far i haven't come across any such car in India with such a mirror design as you say.

But anyways if you want to know the advantage, then one is that, since the indicator is now located on the mirror, then it needn't be present on the car body and this allows for an easier aerodynamic design of the car body.

By the way in which car have you seen such a thing ? name it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Its just common sense, nothing technical or aerodynamic or big big words. May be this image will trigger your imagination.

Is this what you are asking #-Link-Snipped-# ?

[​IMG]
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Yes #-Link-Snipped-# I was asking about it only. Thanx for the image.

#-Link-Snipped-# I haven't seen this in any car but my UG teacher (who is a design engr too) told us that they have got the project to design it for some car.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have seen this in may cars in hyderabad, why this is designed?

This is designed for following purposes:

1. Look and Style.
    2. It helps others to identify boundaries of the cars at nights.
    3. Visibility of the blinking light is more.

How this is designed,
    Well this can be done in many ways, the easiest way is there will be 2 indicators on the car , one on the OVRM and other on the body so take a wire and put the light in the indicator in series work done!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    English-Scared

1. Look and Style.
    3. Visibility of the blinking light is more.
    Precisely #-Link-Snipped-# 👍
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    English-Scared

I like that !
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    My car has this and it does help with the visibility (especially since its higher up).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India's first 1Gbps Internet connection... Google, launched its 1000mbps (1gbps) at kansas city (US), a leading techn incubator in US, as part of the Google Fiber Network. and Now, it...
Let's understand the difference between 1-byte, 2-byte and 3-byte instructions in computer architecture.
Setting up your own GitHub User Page Many programmers, especially coders would like to showcase their awesome apps. It is a good practice to maintain a version control system for...
Check out Introduction to GitHub User Pages - Part I, if you haven't. Using Automatic Page Generator to set up your GitHub Page The first screen you would see after...
i am an final sem electrical engineering student......i have enough interest to join a core company and to do work on renewable energy sector......i love electrical engineerig .......