CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Abhishek Rawal • 10 Nov, 2013
Repeaters are basically regenerators of input signals.It is used in DCOM system to maintain it's stock amplitude which reduces due to attenuation when long distance from source to destination is to be covered.

What is technical reason that it can't be used in Analog CS ?
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 11 Nov, 2013 Noise in digital system exists only in the transition spikes (ie) places where there are 1 to 0 transition and 0 to 1 transition. This noise can easily be eliminated using all pass repeater filters.

But in analog communication system the noise is throughout the signal and so we can't use an all pass repeater to remove noise. We can't clearly say which is noise and which is signal in an analog signal. But we can do it easily in a digital signal
3.1k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · May 2, 2008

For those who don't have to do anything better - Use four 0's (zeros) and any mathematical operators to get 24. Those who are smart, don't spoil the fun soon....
4.6k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Nov 29, 2014

Remember the time you got all excited about the launch of OnePlus One on Amazon India? Well, there have been some developments in the corporate world which are sure to...
3.5k views

@Koushal Patel · Jan 12, 2015

Wikipedia says, India has 5672+ Engineering Colleges in India with top 3 being Andhra Pradesh (960), Tamil Nadu (934) and Maharashtra (739). Google says, nearly 1.5 Million Engineering students Pass...
8.6k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jun 12, 2008

Online & offline, I've handled the most frequently asked question by engineering students - " Post engineering, what should I go for: MBA, MS or M.Tech? " I invite all...
3.6k views

@Chirayu Samarth · Mar 5, 2015

After launching Karbonn Titanium Dazzle last month, the Indian mobile manufacturer has now introduced a new lineup of smartphones called the Platinum series and the first smartphone under this series...
3.8k views