why power system ratings are desined as multiples of 11kV?

Why are the power system ratings designed as multiples of 11kV? The reason may be for similar calculations, but that doesn't sound logical. Could someone explain?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    K@RTHIK
    may be for simler calculations!
    Search before you post 😀

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nowadays we can see a lot of cases in the news, about road mishaps, especially of lorries, trucks and buses colliding with each other. but the problem is quite natural....
I heard that in heavy vehicle like buses and trucks, the compressor is coupled with the engine for air conditioner. But What about Cars? If its compressor is coupled with...
Hi folks, After the last year’s renaissance, Techkriti is striking back with vengeance, in its very first green avatar, to redefine the technology which will transform the future of the...
I heard of this course when i was in high school. It sounded quite promising, since it appears to be a new avenue altogether to explore. but this course cannot...
I am Somanaathan, a B.Tech Production Engineer from NIT, Trichy (2006-2010 batch). I live in Chennai (the place is very dear to me). I am with TI Cycles of India...