CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@K!r@nS!ngu • 03 Feb, 2012
Recently i got an interview call from a reputed MNC. Along with my Bio-data they are asking for my PAN Card details. My question is, why they required PAN details before the interview. Can they track my previous salary details with the PAN number ? Need expert views here Please ....
@Kaustubh Katdare • 03 Feb, 2012 I don't think they can do that. It could just be a part of their regular documentation. Yet, someone more informed can reply here.
@PraveenKumar Purushothaman • 04 Feb, 2012 • 1 like Nopes they can't track anything with your PAN card. It is just for a security reason for making sure that you are an Income Tax payee! 😀
@Ankita Katdare • 23 Jul, 2015 India's Income Tax Department issues a PAN number to every person of the Indian workforce to keep track of the person's financial transaction.
Every salaried person in India needs to have a PAN card.

The two most important reasons why the company needs to see your PAN card are:
1. To deduct TDS on the Gross Total Income exceeding minimum tax slab
2. For Filing Income Tax Return

They definitely CAN NOT track your previous salary details with the PAN number.
@WARDHAMAN BEDMUTHA • 23 Jul, 2015 PAN card details are not required to verify your salary. Pan card is required for identifying person uniquely in their database. Many times your resume will be sent to HR by referrals/consultancies, in order to keep your data /resume uniquely in company's database they need PAN details.
@Aashish Joshi • 23 Jul, 2015 But arent the PAN details (along with the other stuff) required after you're selected? 😨
@Aashish Joshi • 23 Jul, 2015
wardhaman
Pan card is required for identifying person uniquely in their database. Many times your resume will be sent to HR by referrals/consultancies, in order to keep your data /resume uniquely in company's database they need PAN details.
That makes sense, but personally i wouldn't be very comfortable sharing this with a company before they select me.
@reena wani • 10 Oct, 2016 • 1 like hello
very simple, they want to see your id proof and if you don't have pan card and want to know more about how to apply for PAN card see here.
@Teja Reddy • 26 Feb, 2020

PAN card i.e. Permanent Account Number is provided by Income tax department to every income tax payer. The primary objective of PAN is to use a universal identification key to track financial transactions that might have a taxable component to prevent tax evasion. It also serves as identity proof.

@supriya VN gowda • 26 Feb, 2020

Pan card is issued by financial office for every individual. It's is required to keep track of your salary details. You require either adhar card or pan card during placements. Pan card number is asked to just know about students details. 

To make transactions more than 50,000 rupees we require pan card. (Permanent account number). 

21.8k views

Related Posts

@regel · Feb 1, 2012

I need releaving letter from my company in order to join HCL. In this company I worked for 5k in begining for 1 year now they are paying 10k. I...
6.4k views

@PuneetVerma · Aug 17, 2014

All the Mechanical Engineering Students who are preparing for GATE-2015 or so may post their queries here. I will try my best to solve. P.S. I am not a GATE...
6.7k views

@iqra_the · Jun 27, 2012

guys i want to do my FyP on augmented reality give me some ideas
5.7k views

@Rucha Wankhede · May 7, 2016

When almost half of the country’s states are reeling under the severe pressure of drought, scientists at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre have devised a novel way to make potable water...
9.2k views

@Anoop Kumar · Dec 1, 2012

Simplest explanation! Ever wondered why does this equation hold true? Check out the explanation - edit: typo mistake in heading, please correct to taught.
6.6k views