Why not switch from Whatsapp to Telegram?

If it's all about having a messaging client, I'm wondering why not the 'cool kids', the 'early adopters', the 'crazy engineers' should switch to Telegram App? Except for the fact that 99% of your contacts are on WhatsApp; I think Telegram beats WhatsApp in almost every category you can think of. Here's something for you to consider:-
  • Messaging is strictly encrypted
  • Message delivery is super fast
  • Larger groups: 200 members [this CAN be useful!]
  • You can build stuff using their API [CE-Messenger, Anyone?]
  • They've got dedicated desktop apps for Windows, OSX and Linux
  • They've got timed messages - if you need those.
  • Allows you to store media on the cloud - so it can be retrieved later on
I'm thinking of giving it a serious try. What say, anyone?

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    • You can build stuff using their API [CE-Messenger, Anyone?
    Sounds Cool, will give it a try this weekend 😉
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I gave it a try today, but I was looking for possibility, if person don't have smart phone and can make use of this service some how using their web app, through their official web app it is not possible, but I think through their sign up API, for which I am not sure if it will send code on their installed app on their mobile phone or via SMS.

Did anyone else tried it?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Telegram is super fast as whatsapp.
    Huge plus is you can login from browser, and you don't need be online on mobile too.
    I didn't know about api stuff. It will worth a shot 👍
    Secret chat.. sounds good. Anyone know how exactly (in technical) it works?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Anoop Kumar
    End-to-End Encryption, Secret Chats
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Anoop Kumar
    Secret Chat involves no message forwarding, complete encryption, self destructed timer

I especially liked self destructed timer

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Recently, Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) technology has been widely used in various fields such as public safety applications since it provides a wide range of...
Read pages 26 - 31 here: https://issuu.com/redbulletin.com/docs/0215_us_lowres/1
hello guys, i am working on the fbar resonator and want to does the design and simulation using the well known research field software ANSYS 14.5. i designed the geomatry...
Quote: Oracle, soothsayer, augur, visionary—it sure seems one would have to have one of those jobs to figure out how disruptive changes in healthcare are going to affect the medical...
I am just unable to find out how to perform XOR operation on two graphs ,do I have to do XOR operation on the vertices or XOR operation on its...