why .net is famous now a days??

can anyone explain me why dot net is famous now a days..??
why it is prefferable..??
what other features it provide??😁

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    Re: why .dot is famous now a days??

well, what I know is all language has its own features like vb6.0 was old and its new features came as .NET .Below is the some of sentences which is from O'Reilly' publications which written by Tim Patric ( my best author for learning vb and . NET)

When Microsoft announced its plans for .NET, it surprised many developers, especially
    Visual Basic developers, who saw it as a giant step backward for “Rapid Application
    Development.” But the release of the .NET Framework version 1.0 in 2002
    did bring many needed benefits:
    .NET introduced a unified programming environment
    All .NET-enabled languages compile to “Microsoft Intermediate Language”
    before being assembled into platform-specific machine code. Visual Basic, C#,
    and other .NET languages are wrappers around this common .NET “language.”
    Since all .NET-enabled compilers speak the same underlying language, they no
    longer suffer from the many data and language conflicts inherent in other crosslanguage
    component-based systems such as COM. The .NET version of Visual
    Studio also unified the standard user interface that lets programmers craft source
    code.
    .NET committed developers to object-oriented technologies
    Not only does .NET fully embrace the object-oriented programming paradigm,
    but everything in .NET is contained in an object: all data values, all source code
    blocks, and the plumbing for all user-initiated events. Everything appears in thecontext of an object.
    .NET simplified Windows programming
    Programming in Visual Basic before .NET was easy enough, until it came time to
    interact with one of the API libraries, something that happened a lot in professional
    programming. With .NET, most of the regularly used APIs are replaced
    with a hierarchy of objects providing access to many commonly needed Windows
    features. Since the hierarchy is extensible, other vendors can add new functionality
    without disrupting the existing framework.
    .NET enhanced security
    Users and administrators can now establish security rules for different .NET features,
    to limit malicious programs from doing their damage. .NET’s “managed”
    environment also resolves buffer overrun issues and memory leaks through features
    such as strong data typing and garbage collection.
    .NET enhanced developer productivity through standards
    The .NET Framework is built upon and uses many new and existing standards,
    such as XML and SOAP. This enhances data interchange not only on the Windows
    platform, but also in interactions with other platforms and systems.
    .NET enhanced web-based development
    Until .NET, a lot of web-based development was done using scripting languages.
    .NET brings the power of compiled, desktop development to the Internet.
    .NET simplified the deployment of applications
    If .NET is installed on a system, releasing a program can be as simple as copying
    its EXE file to the target system (although an install program is much more userfriendly).
    Features such as side-by-side deployment, ClickOnce deployment, and
    an end to file version conflicts and “DLL hell” (the presence of multiple versions
    of the same DLL on a system, or the inability to remove a version of a DLL)
    make desktop and web-based deployments a snap.
    I think windows vista also uses .NET framework and also new versions of software as well as the new OS from Microsoft corporations so its famous I say its compatible to Java of SunMicrosystem.;-)

Source:above quote are from my ebook .😛
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Re: why .dot is famous now a days??

DEFINITION - .NET is both a business strategy from Microsoft and its collection of programming support for what are known as Web services, the ability to use the Web rather than your own computer for various services. Microsoft's goal is to provide individual and business users with a seamlessly interoperable and Web-enabled interface for applications and computing devices and to make computing activities increasingly Web browser-oriented. The .NET platform includes servers; building-block services, such as Web-based data storage; and device software. It also includes Passport, Microsoft's fill-in-the-form-only-once identity verification service.

The .NET platform was designed to provide:

* The ability to make the entire range of computing devices work together and to have user information automatically updated and synchronized on all of them
    * Increased interactive capability for Web sites, enabled by greater use of XML (Extensible Markup Language) rather than HTML
    * A premium online subscription service, that will feature customized access and delivery of products and services to the user from a central starting point for the management of various applications, such as e-mail, for example, or software, such as Office .NET
    * Centralized data storage, which will increase efficiency and ease of access to information, as well as synchronization of information among users and devices
    * The ability to integrate various communications media, such as e-mail, faxes, and telephones
    * For developers, the ability to create reusable modules, which should increase productivity and reduce the number of programming errors

According to Bill Gates, Microsoft expects that .NET will have as significant an effect on the computing world as the introduction of Windows. One concern being voiced is that although .NET's services will be accessible through any browser, they are likely to function more fully on products designed to work with .NET code.

The full release of .NET is expected to take several years to complete, with intermittent releases of products such as a personal security service and new versions of Windows and Office that implement the .NET strategy coming on the market separately. Visual Studio .NET is a development environment that is now available. Windows XP supports certain .NET capabilities.

and to know about .net framework Clink on link
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys can you share links where I can apply job as a Telecommunication engineer? I am looking forward to find job in Europe or USA. Any kind of help...
Hi to all members, i'm searching for latest ieee projects in image processing. If any one having idea about it please help me.
i wanted to create a simpler robotic system for our tech fest in iit so help me as i am in first year
Hi there, I'm V1K . It seems a nice place for engineers. I'm pursuing my last year in computer science & engineering. Hope I will enjoy my stay here!
In my Article where i post some usefull SQL Server Optimization Tips click to view