Why n-Channel MOSFET is Widely Used Than p-Channel MOSFET?

why is n-channel MOSFET widely used than p-channel MOSFET?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If you say n-channel it is made up of Silicon.
    Silicon has high power handling capacity. So probably that is one of the reason.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    I think it has more to do with the channel width between the source & drain in a n-channel MOSFET than a p-channel MOSFET.
  • prakash.neo
    prakash.neo
    Hi,

NMOS - the carriers are electrons and so higher velocity and hence much faster.
    PMOS - Holes --> heavier than electrons --> Slower speed.

For same speed, the size of PMOS should be much more than nmos ==> Density reduction

All logics can be implemented just with the use of NMOS.

Just for clarification - both nmos and pmos are made of Silicon substrate, its only that the dopants vary.!!

Cheers,
    Prakash

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, All our members from India are celebrating Engineers day today (September 15). We all would like to know how you all are celebrating engineers day in your college.
Guys, Today's is Engineers day. So I would request you guys to do something Out of Box. Make or break something! If you have done earlier then post it here...
Few Weeks ago i received my Best thread contributor prize This is the picture of prize, i received It contained a CD and a User guide booklet,which explains How to...
Revolutionary “ARCMasterTM” specialty fibre fusion splicer perfect for Factory, Manufacturing, R&D, and Laboratory Environments 15th September, 2010 – Surrey, UK: Fujikura Europe Ltd. (Fujikura Europe Ltd | Home), the world...
I found this Video on Chinese Multiplication. It's Quite Amusing. 😀 Do try it with pen and a paper. [video=youtube;ZrXLijrTlL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrXLijrTlL4[/video]