CrazyEngineers
  • Since I came to know that most latest gnome applications are written in Vala, My urge of learning it has increased at it's peak.

As far as I know, Vala code on execution generates C code which is then compiled by GCC & all this happens without affecting the execution time & speed of the application.
    My main question is : If Vala, in the end generates C code only which is compiled by GCC; then what is the need of writing applications in Vala & not C ?

Gnome is not there to fool around, right ?
    What is the technical reason behind it ? Why Vala in Gnome applications & not pure C ?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • rahul69

MemberOct 6, 2013

Abhishek Rawal
    Since I came to know that most latest gnome applications are written in Vala, My urge of learning it has increased at it's peak.

As far as I know, Vala code on execution generates C code which is then compiled by GCC & all this happens without affecting the execution time & speed of the application.
    My main question is : If Vala, in the end generates C code only which is compiled by GCC; then what is the need of writing applications in Vala & not C ?

Gnome is not there to fool around, right ?
    What is the technical reason behind it ? Why Vala in Gnome applications & not pure C ?
    Actually Vala makes coding relatively easy for developers than C, as the codes which are complicated to write in C are written easily in Vala.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Pensu

MemberOct 6, 2013

Generally the idea behind using new language is to provide more functionality and make it easier for the developers. Though if in the end it's going to generate C code, I am not sure if you can add much features. But as far as I have read about it, it does add some interesting features over C. So, I guess that should be the reason.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register