Why Medtech's Cybersecurity Problem Is Really Bad

Quote:
Hospitals are “hyper-focused” on protecting patient data from hackers, but are inadequately protecting patient health from cyberattacks on medical devices, says a #-Link-Snipped-# from Baltimore-based security firm Independent Security Evaluators.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sudeep Nadig
    Sudeep Nadig
    A.V.Ramani
    Quote:
    Hospitals are “hyper-focused” on protecting patient data from hackers, but are inadequately protecting patient health from cyberattacks on medical devices, says a #-Link-Snipped-# from Baltimore-based security firm Independent Security Evaluators.
    Endquote
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    @AVRamani
    Consent: Obtain permission from those whose data you are gathering. Privacy: Only collect what you can protect.
    Default to openness: When possible, make the data you have collected available publicly.
    The tensions and contradictions pointed out in the Baltimore-based aren’t easily resolved. It’s worth remembering that while we’re working on our enterprises with all the digital tools now available, we’re also creating new rules and norms. It’s easy to get hyper-focused on the cause and forget that in order to work on it, you need a safe space to do so — the civil society

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CrazyEngineers, First of all, I want to thank everyone here on CrazyEngineers for making it such a helpful website. I have collected tons of information from the posts on...
Controlling smart devices in your home has now become a mess. You have to open the companion app of every smart device you use when you want to control it....
A diesel generator is a combination of diesel engine with a electrical generator. This project is a prototype of automatic generator start such that the generator can be started and...
Three years after paying a hefty sum of money to Nokia to acquire its mobile phone division, Microsoft has taken a surprise step and decided to barter its feature phone...
It's been a while since 'Google I/O 2016' kicked off. Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google inaugurated the event by showing of the impressive stats and accomplishments made by Google so...