why linux server is more useful than windows server?

i have heard that linux server is better than windows server . i want to know why?😎 as well as why it is more useful than unix server??😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Replies

• ramana_slv
    ramana_slv
    hai kunaljd

Linux server more useful than windows server because
    1) It runs more than one user at time.

That means when the Linux server starts then that server use more than one user at a time. But in windows server we use only one user at a time...

2) In Linux server provides high Security when compare to Windows server.
    (In linux we provide Security for each file also through permissions)

These reasons linux is better than windows server. I know these two reasons. May be some other reasons exists....

as well as why it is more useful than unix server??

Actually Linux server was developed from unix server. The unix server is worked using commands. We want to run any application by using commands that we know more commands. But in Linux server is having graphical user interface so we run some applications directly without commands. And also more extra feature in linux server so Linux server more useful than unix server.
  • ramana_slv
    ramana_slv
    hai kunaljd

That means when the Linux server starts then that server use more than one user at a time. But in windows server we use only one user at a time...

(In linux we provide Security for each file also through permissions)

These reasons linux is better than windows server. I know these two reasons. May be some other reasons exists....

why it is more useful than unix server??

Actually Linux server was developed from unix server. The unix server is worked using commands. We want to run any application by using commands that we know more commands. But in Linux server is having graphical user interface so we run some applications directly without commands. And also more extra feature in linux server so Linux server more useful than unix server.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    ramana_slv
    hai kunaljd

heard about thin clients? one can allot and use more than one user in Windows as required.

(In linux we provide Security for each file also through permissions
    Windows too can provide high security to files and folders.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Linux servers are more secure than windows servers.Some of the reasons i read
    why linux servers are more secure than windows servers are as follows

1.There are several security layers possible with linux based server software.
    There are even security layers available with third party softwares.This prevents the attack of viruses,trojans or malwares.

2.Linux softwares are updated more frequently and this removes all the vulnerabilities
    and increases the security of the server exponentially.The owner of the server performs updates to the linux softwares when they become available for use.

3.Linux wont supporte xecutable and registry files.Most of the viruses in windows are spreading using .exe files and registry files.When you click on .exe files,viruses,trojans,worms,malwares integrate with windows.Likewise
    viruses store the information in registry files.If you attempt to delete the file,
    viruses rewrite the information in registry and its becomes a difficult task to know where virus hides its information in registry.In case of Linux, only configuration files are allowed and it wont allow normal user to edit system files.So the pathway for spreading viruses in linux is closed.

4.FTP access is restricted in linux server which allows different levels of access
    to all of the accessible accounts.You can take backups of all data with a linux server
    which can be restored at a point when the server is changed during an attack.Backing up the files is difficult in case of linux but there are numerous options available and we can choose the best way to back up the linux server.

5.In Linux,you can limit the access to the root of the server and disable Root SSH Logins.This allows hackers to gain access to ur valuable information on the server.By setting the special user attributes,you can even make only few users to gain access to administrative tools and others are restricted.In such case hackers get hold of another account which could attempt to use the switch command to the root of the server.

Finally i would like to conclude that compared to other competitors,Linux has limitless possibilties.Windows is limited to windows server alone which provides great functionality but different features provided by different linux distros for server admins cannot be matched with any of the competitors.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need a shematic of asimple calculator that made with logic gates who can help me?
Hello, We are delighted to inform you that CodeFest, the annual International online coding festival of Computer Engineering Society, IT-BHU, has been unveiled. CodeFest is a unique fest wherein concepts...
This is a vague idea to start off with πŸ˜‰ I assume that there are many CEans who would've tried Macromedia flash at some point, and a lot more who...
I read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged in the past year. It is indeed inspiring is many aspects. Still Atlas Shrugged is something I'd like to discuss with all the avid...
It’s in news that the Bihar Government will start using Android devices to help engineers control the road construction work from their district headquarters. The work is expected to begin...