Why it is firefox?

I would like to share my views with the friends . I use fire fox as my web browser. Earlier days i was a fan of IE. But day by day firfox came with new features and efficiency . No no

wonder i switch to FIREFOX .

1. Originality
In most recent version of IE, you will find lot of cool new features - unfortunately, almost all these features have been in Firefox for years now. With Firefox, you will have the latest

and best features straight out of the box.
2. Cleaner Interface
Firefox's interface is clean and easy to use. Additionally, you have freedom to customize navigation to just about any specification, as well as easily implementing many new themes

to personalize the Firefox.

3. Easy to Use
If you know how to use Internet Explorer, you'll know how to use Firefox - all of the keyboard shortcuts are the same, and Firefox will import your bookmarks and settings for you,

meaning no learning curve for you. Just download and surf.
4. Free and Open
Firefox is completely free and supported by a dedicated community of developers to constantly make it better. since it's "open source", that means that anyone can make

improvements to the software and could possibly make it into the next release of Firefox.

5. Customization with Plugins and Extensions
The real power of Firefox lies in it's added functionality through the use of 'extensions'. Thousands of developers program small additional tools for the browser that allow you to do almost whatever your heart desires, and make your life easier.

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    good work luchi .............../
    keep it up........./
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    @ Luchi

I agree with u except on some finer points.

• My agreement with Firefox is that its one of the most secure web browsers with tons of unique features. Firefox got the popularity that it has today, 'cos of its innovation. Tab view gave the user freedom to surf multiple websites in a single window thereby avoiding cluttering of multiple browner windows on the taskbar.

• Addons are, by far, the best thing that happened to Firefox. Its vast community of open source developers and volunteers have given us unique and extremely helpful addons that make our web surfing experience a breeze. Addons like GreaseMonkey, Firebug, DownloadThemAll, Xmarks,Adbloc plus, No Script, etc are making people go with Firefox. You should definitely try these(and more) out if you havent.

• A few things that Firefox needs to look out is about its memory leak problem. If you are using a lot of addons, a lot of addons while browsing and if the browser is being used for a long time then you will notice that Firefox(FF) has started lagging. Everything becomes slow and ram usage can go up from 100mb to 1.4gb(it happened to me once ๐Ÿ˜›). This problem is called memory leak. What happens here is that to do a particular work, FF needs memory and uses ram for that. It occupies memory cells in the technical sense. After the work has been done, it should leave the memory block free as there's no more use of it. But FF has a problem in doing that and as a result, after sometime FF becomes bloated and starts lagging. If you want to know how to overcome this problem then google out 'firefox memory leak' or check the post [Technorama Blog: Reduce firefox memory usage] and [Technorama Blog: Optimizing Firefox] or get the Memory Fox addon. Firefox community is continuously working on reducing this problem and their 3.x series of Firefox show much lesser problem towards memory leaks.(I use 3.5.7 and still face this problem๐Ÿ˜”. I cant upgrade to the latest one till all my addons get updated too)

• Adding addons for making the browser user friendly is good but comes at a cost. Like mentioned above, it causes problems such as memory leaks and it also increases the memory footprint of the software. For people with slower systems, Firefox tends to start slow at initial startup. Nothing can beat Opera(at the moment) in terms of loading speed. Chrome has the lightest memory foot print at the moment.

• As for IE, we all know what it did. Kept copying from here and there most of the time. Is losing market share very fast. Firefox seems to be the next champion of the masses.

As for now, Firefox is the way to go but Chrome and Opera are getting better and better.
  • kev0153
    kev0153
    I would suggest taking a look a chrome. It does pretty much everything Firefox can do but is much faster. I want to take a look at the new Opera beta as well. Their benchmark data shows that it is slightly faster than Chrome.
  • lal
    lal
    I am a fan of Opera.
    Thats really good...๐Ÿ˜€
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    ya....i like opera too....its really nice......
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    lal
    I am a fan of Opera.
    Thats really good...๐Ÿ˜€
    nicepeeyush
    ya....i like opera too....its really nice......
    That's the spirit guys ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey i need to add a propeller to my vehicle any suggestions how to go about it?๐Ÿ˜•
hello friends i want to design a SIX stroke engine. So i want your help. i wanna know the problems in fabricating engine for moving vechile.
Hi All, Correct me if I am wrong, why always tapings are provided on lv or the primary side of the autotransformer? If all that is done for easily change...
There are 2 kind of people in the world - the good people and the Shiv Sainiks What is their agenda? Do they have right to question everyone? Do they...
where do i ask questions?