why is this so in Gmail?

guys i have so many doubts i will ask those in a regular manner.....I like crazyengineers so much .It will satisfy my all my technical starvation.
My first doubt actually when we are logging in if we are giving password how is it quickly telling that you have entered wrong password ( in case if we typed wrong ).whether it will actually acess the database or not...what is happening actually technically.
And one more after logging while we are browsing inside inbox,sentmail in gmail whether the contents will be downloaded to cache

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    When you try to login in any website, first thing website does is authetication of your user credentials. Website sends your user name / Password in an encrypted message to auth DB. At auth DB a query is fired to validate the user credentials. If it get the success message, DB provide a token to webservice to move further and have interaction with other DB's to fethc the data for that user. In other case DB returns the faliure message and you see the error message on web.

Not sure about question 2?

-CB
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    And one more after logging while we are browsing inside inbox,sentmail in gmail whether the contents will be downloaded to cache
    I think these all are stored in mail server not sure about cache ,Do you mean system cache or browser cache ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    computeridiot007
    guys i have so many doubts i will ask those in a regular manner.....I like crazyengineers so much .It will satisfy my all my technical starvation.
    My first doubt actually when we are logging in if we are giving password how is it quickly telling that you have entered wrong password ( in case if we typed wrong ).whether it will actually acess the database or not...what is happening actually technically.
    Authentication is not intensive and it happens on the server side. The total number of bytes transfered isn't a huge number so its quick. Different systems implement different setups for authentication. On CE, we encrypt all the passwords (even admin can't read them!) and the authentication occurs in the database on the server. If the username/password combination is right; the user gets logged in. Else an error message is displayed.

computeridiot007
    Most modern systems run on AJAX technology; which is asynchronous JavaScript. When you are browsing inbox, on the information you need is displayed. As you click on the links, only the required information is fetched; which reduces the server load and processing time.

To the best of my knowledge, the contents are not downloaded to the cache. It however depends mostly on the functioning of browser, I believe.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

actually .gif animations are not working in linux as in windows.why is it so? what is the reason beyond that?And if possible how .gif works?
sir i need to know which colleges are good for MBA and MCA courses ie wrt placement activities in BANGALORE
first class engineering degree means either we have to take the aggregate of all or as it is awarded in degree certificate:smile:
please tell me the practical difference between window based A.C. and split A.C. that we assemble in our homes for domestic use
my PC got struck up with viruses so i need help to remove these and i have tried using anti virus but its not possible ....................