Why is Motherboard called 'Motherboard'?

Is it because every other components are installed on it?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    pradeep.pawar
    Is it because every other components are installed on it?
    It's basic electronics. The 'motherboard' is called motherboard because it's the board that handles every other component of a computer; like a mother handle all her family.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Well technically, A motherboard is a common platform to connect all the internal circuits in the system. You processor, HDD, RAM, Devices everything is connected to the motherboard and all processes happen there.
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's basic electronics. The 'motherboard' is called motherboard because it's the board that handles every other component of a computer; like a mother handle all her family.
    Nice
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Nayan Goenka
    Well technically, A motherboard is a common platform to connect all the internal circuits in the system. You processor, HDD, RAM, Devices everything is connected to the motherboard and all processes happen there.
    thanks
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Its because a motherboard is a circuit board through with all the components of the computer works same as a mother binds a family..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​Read the graph & tell us what can we do to fix this?
.I am second year ee student.i a awaiting for doing great project in electronics field.
Well, Comedo is a hair follicle (pore) on your skin which most of us must have felt annoying. It is of two types: Blackhead (open follicle) and White head (closed...
As everyone is excited about the return of Start Button on with the Windows 8.1 update on October 18, someone has decided to tease us with future Microsoft releases. WZOR,...
i am new to joomla using jooml 3.0 I m develping a website in joomla where i have to show differenet models of products. I want to show them through...