why is it so in linux?

actually .gif animations are not working in linux as in windows.why is it so? what is the reason beyond that?And if possible how .gif works?

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Welcome to CE !!!

I hope some of the Linux expert at CE would be able to answer your questions,

Meanwhile Its always a good idea to give a proper title to your questions, May be Title of this thread could be "Gif animations are not working in linux?"

-CB
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    a Graphics Interchange Format image is similar to a flip book (google results for flip book Google). if you know about a flip book, know that it works similarly. There are a collection of similar but slightly different images put together inside a frame and when run together makes it looks as if the image is moving.

it is not possible to explain something graphical in text. so try googling out 'how gif works' and you will get a lot of resources on it. if u want to understand them technically and in details then try making one as that will be the best learning experience regarding this.

you need to use a proper compatible image viewer in linux to view gif images. theres a package called imagemagick which needs to be used to be able to view them. firefox can also be used for the same.
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    optimystix
    a Graphics Interchange Format image is similar to a flip book (google results for flip book Google). if you know about a flip book, know that it works similarly. There are a collection of similar but slightly different images put together inside a frame and when run together makes it looks as if the image is moving.

it is not possible to explain something graphical in text. so try googling out 'how gif works' and you will get a lot of resources on it. if u want to understand them technically and in details then try making one as that will be the best learning experience regarding this.

you need to use a proper compatible image viewer in linux to view gif images. theres a package called imagemagick which needs to be used to be able to view them. firefox can also be used for the same.
    thanks brother😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir i need to know which colleges are good for MBA and MCA courses ie wrt placement activities in BANGALORE
first class engineering degree means either we have to take the aggregate of all or as it is awarded in degree certificate:smile:
please tell me the practical difference between window based A.C. and split A.C. that we assemble in our homes for domestic use
my PC got struck up with viruses so i need help to remove these and i have tried using anti virus but its not possible ....................
(Ledbury, April 28th) There is no escaping it, 2010 is the year WiFi on trains came of age. As more and more train operators around the world bite the bullet...