Why is a discussion called 'thread' on CE?

why the word thread is chosen ? what does it mean? sorry,but i really don't know

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rina j. kadam
    why the word thread is chosen ? what does it mean? sorry,but i really don't know
    'Thread' is a legacy term for the discussions happening on forums; and we just decided to use it. You may call it a 'discussion' or whatever you like. But 'thread' is a generally accepted term for discussions happening on community forums.

I think #-Link-Snipped-# may know a bit more ๐Ÿ˜€ , he trolls several forums on the Internet. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Curious question ...๐Ÿ‘
    You might want to see this: Conversation Threading
    A Discussion Thread , are same as thread in real life. you can always trace back and forth of that thread just by holding it. You can traverse to any point starting, end or to any point where ever you like.

ps: This is my theory โ˜•
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    I think #-Link-Snipped-# may know a bit more ๐Ÿ˜€ , he trolls several forums on the Internet. ๐Ÿ˜’
    Honestly, I have no idea !
    Whenever term "thread" comes - My mind starts to think about high level codes which are executed by processors for multi-tasking ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It arises from the English usage 'thread of thought', 'thread of argument'. The analogy is exactly as #-Link-Snipped-# said above.
    A thread can get tangled, you can pick it up anywhere along the length and go back or forward, roll it up or even knot it.
  • rina j. kadam
    rina j. kadam
    ianoop
    Curious question ...๐Ÿ‘
    You might want to see this: Conversation Threading
    A Discussion Thread , are same as thread in real life. you can always trace back and forth of that thread just by holding it. You can traverse to any point starting, end or to any point where ever you like.

ps: This is my theory โ˜•
    so inspiring, but also we should try to make our life as a dream which everybody
    desire to leave like our freedom fighters so desired life even after they died.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how to download pinnacle52 to perform 8051programs ?plz reply .
how to use windows xp softwares on windows 7 ? is it possible or not? plz reply.
how to use windows xp softwares on windows 7 ? is it possible or not? plz reply.
First of all, We know that Windows 8 comes with secure UEFI secure boot which doesn't lets Linux OS in Windows certified laptops. So, ex-Rad Hat developer Matthew Garrett made...
Airtel has promised to launch their 4G services in Chandigadh by the end of March. The company has finalised the contract with ZTE which will be responsible for building of...