Why Interviewing Indian Engineering Celebrities Tougher Than Others?

Of course this is not a debate topic as such, but a strange observation we've made over the past five years. Those who are new to CE, let me inform you about our initiative where we expose the real engineers who make things happen from behind the scenes to all of CE Community through our : #-Link-Snipped-# .

Quite a few times, we've been asked why we feature very few Indian engineering celebrities in our Small Talk. Well, we are not at all biased. For us, engineering is beyond any boundaries, religion or nationality. The fact is that we find it VERY VERY difficult to interview Indian engineering celebrities.

It was 100 times easier for us to interview Apple Co-founder Steve Wozniak, Virgin Galactic Chief designer Burt Rutan, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit than even getting a response from the top Indian engineering celebrities. I'm not naming anyone for obvious reasons, but this is the fact.

On related lines: I've found that getting business done with Americans, Europeans and South East Asians is straightforward process than with Indian companies.

Any experiences, opinions, comments?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I am confused. Why is this? This is the first time I am hearing this. It has made me curious to know more about it. I am too waiting for comments/ suggestions and experiences to be shared.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ishutopre
    I am confused. Why is this? This is the first time I am hearing this. It has made me curious to know more about it. I am too waiting for comments/ suggestions and experiences to be shared.
    I thought my post is straightforward. It's difficult for us to get in touch with Indian tech celebrities like Narayana Murthy and interview him than interviewing Apple Co-Founder Steve Woz.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Ah yes, I got your meaning Biggie. Actually a few days ago I mailed few people (Indian) But I got only one mail from Raj Verma Sir. the other's have not mailed me again. I keep them mailing (Bug them as you say) 5-6 days. But unable to understand why no body replies.

I am unable to understand why they don't reply. 😀 I have the same doubt that you have got. 😀

(P.S: I have not tried to contact people out side India though)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been getting following error since morning -" Something's not right here. Please try again after a while. We appreciate your patience". Does anyone know what's wrong? Or is it...
Quote: A multi-meter can save the average person a lot of money over a few years, even though ladies who choose to buy one may not carry it in their...
happy birthday deepika!!! have a rocking year ahead!!! may this year be a lucky, prosperous and most important of all... a happy one for you!!! 😀 :myparty:🎉:myparty:
While some students use GPUs to frag digital foes, others use them to advance the frontiers of science (and perhaps one day unleash a cure for cancer). In fact, thousands...
2 Days ago LinkedIn the world’s largest professional network on the Internet announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 7,840,000 shares of common stock at a price to...