Why Induction Motor Is Always Asynchronous?

Hello, I am rajik - an electrical engineer from Delhi. I want to know why the induction motor is asynchronous motor? Can someone share a reason.

Replies

• Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    rajk. sharma
    why the induction motor is asynchronous motor?
    you know that the there is a revolving magnetic flux in this machine...rotating at synchronous speed...now when the rotor tries to attain the synchronous speed, the relative speed b/w revolving magnetic flux and rotor will become zero. This makes the induced emf to be zero..because you know that e is directly proportioinal to (dv/dt)...this zero induced emf make the current zreo...thats why the rotor will get a jerk and moves with speed less than the synchronous speed so that they will have relative speed...thats why induction machines are also known as asynchronous machines... this thing i have explained is too simple..otherwise if u go through
    rajk. sharma
    why the induction motor is asynchronous motor?
    a book, u will get too technical ans...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am planning for an IT Startup. I am from a computer science background and have experience working in fortune500 IT companies. After proper analysis of my position, i...
hello.!!!i am a graduating student now in computer engineering and having trouble deciding on what project should i propose to make.,,,can you give me an idea.,,plzzzzzzzzzzzzz😭 tnx much😀
hello firends i am here for learn more..
I wanna make a solar powered car. I've heard that its cost is just 15000 Rs in market. Can some engineers here help me build one of my own? I...
Hi, I am wondering about my carrier. I have done B.tech with Computer Science in 2011. at that time i didn't get a job in my field due to academic...