Why Flipkart Is Forcing To Use App ?

I couldn't understand, why Flipkart is trying to force their users to use Mobile App only for purchase. What are the reasons ? Flipkart should understand that there are people like me who strictly avoid using Mobile phones for transaction of even a single rupee.

syncthing2
Well, Flipkart :
bird-comeback-emoji-fangirling-Favim.com-2590219

I will purchase from Amazon from now onwards!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Because the marketing and business development guys at these companies want to appear 'useful'. The prime reason is that they can have 'more' engagement with the user. Think of a typical user who doesn't know how to turn off the notifications. The companies can then keep PUSHING their notifications and offers right to your mobile screens and make purchase a 'button' away.

An app ensures that Flipkart can reach you anytime they want as against waiting for you to come to them for purchase. Plus a LOT MORE Indians have access to Flipkart via mobile over the desktop or laptop. Flipkart can't miss out on them.

When the user engagement is essential for the expansion of business, most companies try to go the app way. If we had an app, we'd push notifications for every alert and announcement and have more users logged in and participating. Eventually we might end up doing that; let's see.

All the best with middle finger pointing. It won't change anything, I promise.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    That doesn't mean you have to force user to purchase through mobile only. I don't have any problem with mobile purchase 'option', I have only problem with the fact that they're forcing people to purchase from App only.

Kaustubh Katdare
    All the best with middle finger pointing. It won't change anything, I promise.
    I am not expecting change either, I never expect. I just switch to better product or better eco-system. Like I've always done.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Forcing people to download app is the only way. Where in the good world will I get items listed at Rs. 8000 for Rs.3000?

All I did was download the Jabong app, make purchase and then delete the app.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All I did was download the Jabong app, make purchase and then delete the app.
    LOL! I am worried about the security threat of my payment from mobile phones. I wouldn't mind paying from mobile phones, if that was really very secure (Which it ain't).
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    I couldn't understand, why Flipkart is trying to force their users to use Mobile App only for purchase. What are the reasons ? Flipkart should understand that there are people like me who strictly avoid using Mobile phones for transaction of even a single rupee.

syncthing2
    Well, Flipkart :
    bird-comeback-emoji-fangirling-Favim.com-2590219

I will purchase from Amazon from now onwards!
    Have you tried to add item in cart from mobile app and then checkout via desktop website? I did that earlier not sure as they have launched few updates and might blocked this way to checkout.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    There is one more website called myntra , where i bought a lot of things.
    Now its App only and i never bought anything.

Why ? The prime reason is not security for me , but the lack of good numbers of filters and i can see many items on my screen and in phone i can only see few.

If I scroll up or down, the website sometime loads the item i clicked which is again i have to go back and forth!

I still didnt get the logic, but if i find app useful for purchase i will update!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Flipkart bought Myntra in 2014. So I don't doubt that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    Flipkart bought Myntra in 2014. So I don't doubt that.
    I think Amazon will kill everyone. They are forcing people to install the app; but aren't as bullish as Flipkart.

Frankly speaking, as long as we're getting discounts at the expense of the e-Commerce funder's money, we shouldn't complain. Just that I won't buy Flipkart shares after they go public 😁
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    See this:
    Flipkart app access to:

Device & app history
    Allows the app to view one or more of: information about activity on the device, which apps are running, browsing history and bookmarks
    Identity
    Uses one or more of: accounts on the device, profile data
    Contacts
    Uses contact information
    SMS
    Uses one or more of: SMS, MMS. Charges may apply.
    Photos/Media/Files
    Uses one or more of: files on the device such as images, videos, or audio, the device's external storage
    Camera
    Uses the device's camera(s)
    Wi-Fi connection information
    Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and names of connected Wi-Fi devices
    Device ID & call information
    Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call
    Other
    • receive data from Internet
    • read Home settings and shortcuts
    • write Home settings and shortcuts
    This is huge data. Small investment in BIG data mining will give them hell lot of information, routine, your friends and family. This is almost everything except secretly withdrawing money from account☕
    From browser they get only location access and group of users.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ..add 'bank account', 'emotions', 'wants and desires' as well. 😖

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Micromax YUPIX is a small, portable printer that works with your smartphone or tablet. It lets you quick-print photos in 2.1" x 3.4" size with a resolution of 291 dots...
https://www.qmed.com/mpmn/gallery/new-batch-engineering-memes
Quote: While most 77-year old women are relaxing at home and ordering jewelry from QVC, Heidi Hetzer is circumnavigating the entire world in her 1930 Hudson - solo. Yes, she's...
my sister completed for BE-electrical communication engineering. what are the company job vacancy in chennai side?
BSNL has now revised the minimum speed it will offer to all its customers through revised broadband plans. The new scheme now makes the base speed at 2 Mbsp, subject...