Why engineers just ask here without searching first or looking up a textbook?

This is not about specific persons or plain cussedness on my part.
However, quite often questions are asked (mostly by fresh entrants who still retain some sanity), which should have been already answered in their curriculum, or in any standard text book or a Google (scholar) click away.
Is this out of a growing tendency to look for a quick fix, laziness or just not knowing how to get basic technical information. Yes, posting on CE is one way. Slightly unfair to the forum in my opinion.
This in spite of the various helpful pages on CE itself on this issue. It smacks of a lack of seriousness, which does not bode well for engineering in India.

Let me get out of the pulpit before I start a long sermon.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI there, I am working on a project and that requires various biological characterization of the specimen. I am a mechanical engineer so most of the things are just bouncing...
Hi, I'm in my final year of BE in Computer Science & Engineering & I'm confused as hell as to what I should be doing next. Following is my profile:...
CAT 2015 aspirants should take a note of the changes this year's common admission test will bring. The major deviation in the CAT 2015 pattern is that the test will...
Reliance LYF 4G LTE brand of smartphones will soon be launched by Reliance Retail, a subsidiary of Mukesh Ambani owned Reliance Industries. The new smartphone brand "LYF" is expected to...
What is the difference between inductance and induction?