CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Hemant.oist • 13 Jul, 2010
Hello,

Can any body explain me the exact function of the dump tube installed in thermal power plants??
@gearmaniac • 30 May, 2011 A Dump Tube is a fixed orifice, which reduces the bypass steam pressure to the condenser pressure. The steam entering the water cooled condenser from the bypass valve can be directed to avoid damage to the condenser. The dump tube is welded to the steam pipe downstream of the bypass valve. Applications of the dump tube:
Water-cooled condenser: dump tube mounted in the condenser.
Air-cooled condensers: dump tube is mounted on the bypass line, which is connected to a header going from the turbine outlet to the condenser.
3.2k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 3, 2013

XOLO, the Indian smartphone manufacturer has launched a new Android smartphone called the XOLO A600. Now on XOLO's official website, the A600 is the recent entry in the mid-budget mobile...
5.7k views

@Saandeep Sreerambatla · Aug 12, 2013

Hi All, While commuting to office I usually listen to my radio in my car. My office is close to CM's (chief Minister's) office. So very often they roam here...
3k views

@vibhor_one · Sep 18, 2007

Hi Everybody, This time I came to seek help from, I need topics based on which I can make simple working models regarding electrical & electronics branch. I will be...
3.6k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jul 21, 2015

CrazyEngineers is announcing a contest for all engineering students and graduates called 'My Internship Experience'. We are excited about this contest as we believe every engineer has an interesting story...
3.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · Feb 13, 2014

Panasonic India has come up with two new feature phones in India. Launched at dirt cheap prices of Rs. 1,790 and Rs. 1,350 respectively, the EZ240 and EZ180 feature phones...
5.9k views