Why Dump Tubes are used in Thermal Power Plants

Hello,

Can any body explain me the exact function of the dump tube installed in thermal power plants??

Replies

• gearmaniac
    gearmaniac
    A Dump Tube is a fixed orifice, which reduces the bypass steam pressure to the condenser pressure. The steam entering the water cooled condenser from the bypass valve can be directed to avoid damage to the condenser. The dump tube is welded to the steam pipe downstream of the bypass valve. Applications of the dump tube:
    Water-cooled condenser: dump tube mounted in the condenser.
    Air-cooled condensers: dump tube is mounted on the bypass line, which is connected to a header going from the turbine outlet to the condenser.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am getting admission in LNMIIT located in jaipur? I wanted to get some feedback!!!! Please do reply !๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
hello, I am Akbar samir of hindustan college of sci.&tech mayhura . i am persuing b.tech in automobile. pleaze give me some ideas about projct on combine hydraulic & disc...
Can anyone help me to publish a paper in any online journal???? In my college everyone saying that it has great value. I want information about online journals,publishing methods etc....
Consider a capacitor connected in series with a 5ohm resistor and a zener diode of 20v. The voltage across the 5ohm resistor at time t will be 10e^(-t/5C) and so...
Is it possible to make a bootable pendrive ? Can we load Win XP in the pendrive ?