Hiii....

I want to know that why the use of antivirus slows down the computer
although it may not be of very large size
please tell me some latest antivirus which is good and is safe to use

Right now i am using Norton 2007

Replies

• devesh
    devesh
    if u r using norton antivirus then it really slows down the processing speed as there are multiple options apart from scanning the drives.u can give a try to Zone Alarm.It will basically help u concerning the security while using the internet.
    Waiting for more suggestions..................
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hi Shikhar,

An A/v will typically scan your machine and files for infections and virus. So it translates into a lot of disk i/os. If you check out that metric in your task manager you will understand what I am talking about.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Parneet, I understand and appreciate your interest for the Virus / Anti Virus threads (I have noticed that all your posts goes to Virus / Antivirus thread.). However, there is no use of digging such an old thread. So in place of digging down old threads, you can start a new thread with explanations of your views about that problem.

No offence means, please.

-CB
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    it will scan each application,file every time you run it so it will slow down your system
    check this link which show
    All About Windows
    source-thepcspy.com

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I want your advice in deciding whether i should go for career in networking or in database administartion. For 6 months i worked on networks,then i changed my...
CEans, Most of you must have heard about the GRID computing. I've heard few people say that its Internet 2.0. I, however, think that its not something 'new'. Or is...

job

i want foreign job immediatedly please help me how to apply
Well, Im not a new member of CE exactly. Just been inactive for quite a while. So I thought Ill take the liberty to re-introduce myself. Well, as is obvious,...
guys I saw few requests for books in computer science section,regarding books review,request for books such things.what is the use of opening a section in chit-chat with book sub-section. guys...