Why do we twitch before we sleep? Yaaaawwwnnnn....

Here are some interesting insights into why we yawn and why we twitch just before falling asleep. A doctor told me once that the twitch could be genetic. I tendedc to believe him as my siblings reported a similar instances as also my children. This study seems to implicate caffeine.
Unfortunately all in our family are fond of coffee/tes at all times. So, the jury is still out for me. β˜• β˜•

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• circularsquare
    circularsquare
    Have you experienced any twitch while in dream state. Usually such a dream ends with the sensation of falling from a height. Just before collision one experiences a twitch leading to the end of the dream.
    Furthermore , has anybody experienced death while dreaming ? I never have. The dream usually ends before death occurs in it.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Dreams, they love me and they use to visit me quite often and not skeptical, I've experienced what you have said(but it'll last only for 2 seconds(max).) #-Link-Snipped-# Some say ghosts do it to us. πŸ˜–

#-Link-Snipped-# Sir, I've no habit of coffee or tea but I still twitch!
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    i don't twitch while sleeping......
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# I don't think ghosts exist.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    circularsquare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# I don't think ghosts exist.
    That would be an interesting thread topic to have a discussion in β˜•
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I had a massive spasm once that woke me up. I dreamt that i was riding a bicycle and then suddenly i drove off a cliff and bam i woke up with a jolt.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    CE Designer
    That would be an interesting thread topic to have a discussion in β˜•
    😏 πŸ˜’ 😁

@cirularsquare I don't too but they're scary. πŸ˜› I don't 😴 for about 15minutes after that happens with all those sayings hitting to my mind 😐 . Its make me feel πŸ˜–.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just Saw BSNL Tablet in One website I am really interested to buy how can i buy this tablet
Fifty years ago one Tuesday the report of the Royal School of Physicians came out on the dangers of smoking. I was a hopeless tobacco addict at that time. I...
The guys at BBC take you on a ride to see what India had hundreds of years ago. The narrator aptly begins with, "While we British were still in the...
Recently I came across the name 'BodhiDharma' who was a Buddhist monk from South India. He is traditionally credited as the transmitter of Ch'an (Sanskrit: Dhyāna, Japanese: Zen) to China,...
I got a year back in my graduation. I will complete my b.tech. in mechanical this year 2012. My agg. percentage is 60.90 till now. Am I eligible for gate...