Why do we like people who do crazy things?

With the madness for connectedness, we all are in a frenzy of knowing what everyone else whom we know from some place is doing these days. So, you happen to know what your friend's uncle's daughter got married on a beach or how a friend got in touch with someone from Italy do develop a pathbreaking app or how a friend went alone on a road trip of 500 kms on the deadliest route ever. Stuff like that.

We all have those kind of friends who do crazy things. Something that is not routine. We have engineers among us who do such crazy things too.

My question to the rest, why is it that we admire people who do crazy things. It is our generation that thinks doing anything out-of-the-box or behaving/thinking in extraordinary manner makes us cool or something else?

I think sometimes we overrate the 'crazy'. What's wrong with doing the ordinary, simple things? Why doesn't anybody admire that? Do people feel left out when they think they are just too ordinary?
Or do we need more and more people to turn crazy to actually see a sea of change in the society?

Do give it some thought. I would love to read your opinions on this.

Replies

• Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    we admire such crazy people for their courage😀P😛) and transparency of their heart for how they do such kind of thing wihout paying attention or having concern of imaginary rules or trends of the society,or how they are so certain about their deeds that they don't even pay heed to what people might gossip about them.....................
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Well one man I'd like to salute for falling off an airplane without a parachute attached, and instead with just a para-glider's suit, and he managed to land on a huge bunch of cardboard boxes. - I think he's the craziest SOAB alive!

To be frank, craziness defines you for what you are. I don't think anyone is non-crazy. Even person has within himself/herself a level of craziness towards maybe a few subjects or maybe even a variety of subjects. And honestly we've never tried all the 'so-called-subjects" available in this earth to determine HOW CRAZY we really are. At the end of your life, you need to leave back something for people to remember you...it may even be your smallest deed that can sound crazy...!
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    I think we admire people who get us thinking... For example, I have always dreamt of cycling away to some quiet, calm countryside. So when I met this bloke who cycled throughout the Konkan area, these were my thoughts:

1. This man is crazy

2. This man has is my hero
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    The reason we appreciate and admire is that the so called crazy people do it from their heart and dont mind about society.Each and every person thinks something crazy but only few executes it with braveness( some call tgem madness).

All love them but to live with them is a difficult one for many pe.ople
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Well, I, for one, admire sensible behaviour rather than craziness. Why should one aspire to do something, to prove, that he's capable of doing something that others can't? - is beyond me. The whole selfie culture points to serious attention seeking behaviour announcing to the world that the person exists!! For me, using the passion and energy to create something which is useful for the human race and lasts beyond the person's lifespan is admirable!!

And there are lot of people who like simple life unaffected by limelight. e.g. "Flappy bird" creator Dong Nguyen 'Flappy Bird' Creator Says He's Taking The Game Down
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Everybody has a craziness (the one thing which we want to do eagerly someday ) within himself but we think/afraid/bypass it for one or the other reasons. instead the one who cross the above boundary & does the work which we were just DREAMING. turns to be our hero & we admire him.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Vikram S Bargah
    Everybody has a craziness (the one thing which we want to do eagerly someday )
    Since when did craziness come to mean the above ???
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Anand Tamariya
    Since when did craziness come to mean the above ???

Say m crazy for moto driving across the country & I've a dream ride to LEH someday, now when i see someone doing the same i'll surely admire him.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Vikram S Bargah
    Say m crazy for moto driving across the country & I've a dream ride to LEH someday, now when i see someone doing the same i'll surely admire him.
    You mean you're passionate about moto-driving. What is crazy about riding to Leh? You want to do it, go ahead and do it.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Anand Tamariya
    You mean you're passionate about moto-driving. What is crazy about riding to Leh? You want to do it, go ahead and do it.

Yp! Until I have'nt done it ... I'm Crazy for it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"There are some things money can not buy! Surprisingly they bring a greater satisfaction. Just received brown belt for Contribution to Intel Technologies. Hope to get Blackbelt sooner." - these...
To be precise, I am learning programming of AVRs since last 3-4 days (exciting it is), I want to learn to use GDB for tracing my AVR programs which are...
After revamping their interface with the introduction of tabs to categorize emails, Gmail has now come up with an 'unsubscribe' button for marketing/promotional emails. Gmail account users often have had...
All the attention has been towards Apple’s iWatch but seems like Google has its plans to release its own smartwatch. This isn’t a rumor, the news is significant. Yes. According...
Any vintage stuff owners here? Be it cars/the first cellphones/bikes/type-writers. You never know when even the most common thing you see around you now may become vintage one day. Some...