Why Do People Buy Kindle When They Have iPads & Tablets?

I've been wondering why do people buy Amazon Kindle when they already have iPads and Android tablets? The apps are already available on both iOS and Android that let you access Kindle stuff from your tablet; then why so much love for Kindle?

What's it that Kindle offers that other tablets don't?

Replies

• TheCoolDesiBoy
    TheCoolDesiBoy
    According to me there are 3 reasons:
    • E-book readers especially plain e ink readers like the $79 Kindle provide the users with a real book like experience.
    • Moreover they do not have LCD screens which some time strain your eyes when you constantly stare at them [No glare, excellent viewing in bright sunlight]
    • Huge battery life. [A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off based upon a half-hour of daily reading time. Keep wireless always on and it lasts for up to 3 weeks. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage, such as shopping the Kindle Store, web browsing, and downloading content.] No iPad can have this kind of battery life.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks, those points make sense. I haven't checked any e-Ink device yet; but I think that might change my opionion about eReaders. Battery life would be a HUGE plus!
  • GeekInTown
    GeekInTown
    Battery life is the only reason I own a Kindle. I am a avid book reader and I usually carry it on long journeys. Kindle's own lending library is great.
    Also I guess Kindle is some $200 less than the iPad.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    GeekInTown
    Battery life is the only reason I own a Kindle. I am a avid book reader and I usually carry it on long journeys. Kindle's own lending library is great.
    Also I guess Kindle is some $200 less than the iPad.
    How long does the battery last on a single charge? Curious to know - is it a touchscreen?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How a train takes turn? Remember there is no differential mechanism in train wheels. The correct answer would win a like. Hint: The answer is not mechanical.
So, I think the social networking has been done. Nope it's overdone. There are a ton of websites that aimed to kick out Facebook; but it looks almost impossible. I'm...
The hover bike basically is a hovercraft redesigned in the form of a bike. I however love the concept and can imagine myself riding it on city streets. Take a...
While i was working in my garage i had a thought that y electro satatic induction does not hold true in case of magnets?please answer this question.
😀 I'm an 4th yr ECE student, want help in my final year project........... so guyz please suggest me projects on microcontrollers, sensors etc.....