Why do Indian Consumers Opt for CoD (Cash on Delivery)?

Ever since we listed CrazyEngineers T-Shirts on Amazon Prime [ Link: #-Link-Snipped-# ] , majority of the orders are Cash on Delivery (CoD). It's bit surprising for us but want to know what exactly is the rationale behind CoD orders. 

Our best guess is that we are keen on having the product delivered to us first before making payment than making payment first and then waiting for the product to get delivered. 

Do you opt for CoD or do not mind making payments online before you get the product? Your suggestions would help our upcoming CE Store. 

Replies

• Mohit Patil
    Mohit Patil

I've been buying online since last two years. I prefer net banking over cards. I simply do not like to carry cards around. The only card that I have is emergency backup when I can't get things done at stores without cash. I know it's totally anti-digital ? .....

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande

May be the trust level building by the online stores are not that much. Also delivery issues are major concern. 

Also feeling of loosing money before the product reaches to our hand is another concern. 

Credit/Debit card issues is another concern. Most of the people are not comfortable on sharing it over the internet which is public or shared one.

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

I have been buying products online since 2010, I prefer paying online most of the times, if I am buying from any reliable website.

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

But why this thread is listed in jobs & Careers? #-Link-Snipped-# 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Thank you for the reply. THread moved to Business and Startups.

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

This is quite puzzling to me as well. I in fact am the exact of #-Link-Snipped-# above. I never carry cash around with me. Even if I do it's for a specific purpose. Google Pay, PayTM and debit cards do the job 90% of the time. 

Moreover, if I order something online and I am not there to receive it, I am worried that no one will be there to give cash. So, I make it a point to pay online so that a neighbor or any other caretaker can receive it for me. Don't see the point of paying by cash for online orders. 

Am I missing something?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm a third year computer science student.I want do mini project on computer graphics in openGL.I don't have any idea. What to do.
Well for my project, I chose to make a carpet that can generate electricity by foot steps, using a piezoeletric generator , the problem is that in my country they...
I am a civil engineering student. My question is I have learnt some foreign languages such as French, Spanish... & I have also learnt Autocad, Revit & StadPro.... But I...
Please give me right solution I'm going for teaching filed after b.e(mechanical). for teaching what should I do please give me best solution.
How frequently do you commit your code / documents to GIT? Also, do you use remote repositories? If yes, how frequently do you push to remote repositories? In the recent...