Why become an entrepreneur?

I want to pose the question to all wannabe entrepreneurs and also to all entrepreneurs!

"Why become an entrepreneur?"

1. Because being an entrepreneur is cool?
  2. Because your day-job sucks?
  3. Because you don't like your insane boss and his/her insane instructions?
  4. Because you want to buy a Ferrari?
  5. Because you want to make the world a better place?
  6. Because you want to be 'different'?
  7. Because entrepreneurship is 'way of life'?
  8. Because you get to be your own boss?
  9. Because you can 'define' the things?
What is your take?

Replies

• bingorabbit
    bingorabbit
    Because I want to make the world a better place..Interesting topic..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I think my reason for wanting to become an entrepreneur is that I dont want to be answerable to anyone. I know there are greater risks being the boss, but then everything has it's pros and cons, right?

Besides, if we manage to get a breakthrough, just like steve jobs or Mark zuckerberg, then we can be proud of changing the world.😁 he he he...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    For the fun of it!

πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    For the fun of it!

πŸ˜€
    I know what you mean. I know I know! 😁
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well i want to be a enterprenuer to make my own ways and become an example
  • nitinyamdagni
    nitinyamdagni
    Well ! I actually wanted to answer this question just there was no one to ask
    -->i see things my way and always try to mould up conditions in that way
    -->i want to do something really great for india (& 4 d wrld if oppurtunity comes)
    -->I know i have plenty ideas in this area.
    -->From now only i have leader like personality ...(i am CR(Ist yr) of my class)
    -->Above all there are some personal instincts that guide my thought towards this area............
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • siva12
    siva12
    This is an interesting topic.
    I would say,
    Because i want to make the world a better place.
    -------------------
    gomez

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Because Entrepreneurship is the way of life for me! πŸ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    I want to pose the question to all wannabe entrepreneurs and also to all entrepreneurs!

What is your take?
    From given choices, points no 2,3,4,5,6,8,9 are few of the reasons for me to become an enterpreneur.

1 point I would like to add myself is:

"To make my money grow day by day more and more". πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shalini_goel14
    From given choices, points no 2,3,4,5,6,8,9 are few of the reasons for me to become an enterpreneur.

1 point I would like to add myself is:

"To make my money grow day by day more and more". πŸ˜‰
    An employee makes money at the end of every month too. So, can that be a reason to be an entrepreneur?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    An employee makes money at the end of every month too. So, can that be a reason to be an entrepreneur?
    But it cannot be grown the way an entrepreneur can? It is fixed in some manner. πŸ˜‰
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    An employee can also wisely invest to make his money grow. And for an entrepreneur the money can grow at a fast rate but so are the loss.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Making money should never be the aim of wanting to be an entrepreneur. Money can be a side effect. You can do everything you can to increase the amount of money you make, but that should not keep you going.

I believe passion for what you do should be the basis for every entrepreneur.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    integratdbrains
    An employee can also wisely invest to make his money grow. And for an entrepreneur the money can grow at a fast rate but so are the loss.
    But....
    Can an employee make money grow as bigger as an entrepreneur can? If yes, tell me also such investment plans.πŸ˜‰ Coming to losses, if you are a good enterpreneur you are always awared ,planned and prepared for facing losses(occurs only if you take risks) coming in future, otherwise you cannot be an entrepreneur.

silverscorpion
    I believe passion for what you do should be the basis for every entrepreneur.
    @Scorpion: An entrepreneur should have passion for what? More light on this please. πŸ˜‰
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    shalini_goel14
    But....
    @Scorpion: An entrepreneur should have passion for what? More light on this please. πŸ˜‰
    @shalini:
    well, the other day, there was a entrepreneurship debate in our college. The founder of Bharat Matrimony was invited as chief guest. He only said that passion towards your idea and your work should be the driving force. Not money or fame or being one's own boss, et all.

To drive home the point further, he further added this:
    Initially, when such matrimony and match making websites were a rarity, he started this website. He paid for it's hosting, and maintenance, et all from his own pocket. The response was very slow initially. But still, he kept on adding more features and applications. He was also a web developer so he developed those web applications as well. There was no income from this. Still, he didnt abandon the venture. When all went well and he finally started getting revenues from the venture, he said he'd have spent close to $1000. That's a huge amount considering returns is not guaranteed. This is what I meant about the passion with your idea.

Got it?
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    I want to become an entrepreneur because i wanna be a boss myself.. Besides i think i can manage any firm effectively.. All it takes to become an entrepreneur is a strong determination and thirst for showing your talents..
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    silverscorpion
    @shalini:

Initially, when such matrimony and match making websites were a rarity, he started this website. He paid for it's hosting, and maintenance, et all from his own pocket. The response was very slow initially. But still, he kept on adding more features and applications. He was also a web developer so he developed those web applications as well. There was no income from this. Still, he didnt abandon the venture. When all went well and he finally started getting revenues from the venture, he said he'd have spent close to $1000. That's a huge amount considering returns is not guaranteed. This is what I meant about the passion with your idea.
    Every one cant afford $1000 man.. An idea of starting a website for matrimony was totally new that time.. So it became popular within a course of time.. But now the problem is how to think laterally and at the same time newly.. Everybody cant think new ideas and imply them.. So first you got to find the existing problems in our society and then try to find the solution. That's the way to become an entrepreneur today..
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Entrepreneur is a good Job , applicable to those who is ready to dedicate their work,having managerial skill sets with their team or organization. Right?..Well I want to be a Entrepreneur,the reasons from the given choices are, 2,3,4,5,6,8,9
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The_Big_K

What is your take?
    entrepreneur -- Great many people want to be an entrepreneur thats great for the future of world .
    i can manage people, tensions , work load , allocation and i can handle clients as well i have the leadership qualities i too want to become an entrepreneur but not now i have a passion towards my MBA after that i would be deciding on that...😎😎

and for the options -- except 2 and 3 all other options are applicable for me.
    i want to buy an Audi πŸ˜‰
  • Lumber Joe
    Lumber Joe
    The_Big_K

What is your take?
    Just to make money
  • sirijagan
    sirijagan
    My reasons to become an entrepreneur are
    1. Entrepreneurs are their own bosses. They make the decisions.
    2. It provides the ability to be involved in the total operation of the business, from concept to design and creation, from sales to business operations and customer response.
    3. It gives an individual the opportunity to build equity, which can be kept, sold, or passed on to the next generation.
    4. Entrepreneurship creates an opportunity for a person to make a contribution.
    5. It offers the prestige of being the person in charge.
  • Lumber Joe
    Lumber Joe
    Disadantages:
    1. Entrepreneurs run risk;
    2. Entrepreneurs always have lack of time for their family;
    3. Entrepreneurs become responsible for the people they employ;
    4. In most cases entrepreneurship is not prestigious, since it is associated with small business;

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Okay, for the uninitiated, "Deep Blue" is the name of the computer that was built to beat the human in the brainy game of 'Chess'! I've always been thinking, how...
please I want to understand how the orrifice flow calculation used to mesure the flow of natural gas and what is the equation used and parameters for omni flow computer
hi ces today i joined the community. thanks sanjay😁
I was thinking of doing Ankit Fadia's Ethical Hacking Course..Wanted to know how is it?? Will it be beneficial ?? and is there any Further scope in this field if...
Hi Guys, I'm newbie on this forum. This forum seems quite interesting and useful for engineers. Hope, I will have great time on this forum.