Why 3G network consumes more data Than a 2G network?

This question may look bad but I want to know the reason behind it.I tried to connect the net using teathering and when i use the 2G network and open a same page and close it it consumes less data when i use it in 3G network where it consumesmore than 5 times the data.Please clarify me or whether I am doing any mistake in reading data used.

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    You should check for background apps like Google now, sync etc. which will affect the data usage in same time duration.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Anand Tamariya
    You should check for background apps like Google now, sync etc. which will affect the data usage in same time duration.
    No i had switched off the background data and no sync of apps.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Before its official launch, the XOLO Q3000 phablet has surfaced on an e-commerce website. As of this writing we have no details on its pricing and availability since the listing...
I have recently install linux mint on my desktop. Can anyone suggest me ideas on what should i do with my desktop
Toshiba TransferJet technology is all set to become the next big thing in the close proximity wireless data transmission arena. Toshiba's Japanese website has listed a MicroUSB adapter that allows...
As density of the air decreases it starts flow upwards its quiet commonly know to all of us? But what is the reason behind that,how it move upwards?
Apples have the annoying tendency to become brown when cut and kept. There is nothing wrongwith it except looks. A Canadian farmer genetically engineered his apples so that they do...