Who's Starting A Start-Up In 2012?

Just wondering whether we have engineers who're planning to start their own full-time or part-time venture in 2012. It could just a part-time activity that you want to turn into a part-time business or giving up your job/campus placement to start a startup. We'd like to know about you and your plans. If you're facing problems, share them with us and we promise to try our best to solve them.

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I am.
    I have been trying to work out my plan since a long time. Then recently when I finally decided to get started, I found my idea is stolen.
    Oops! No.
    I just realized 'ideas are no one's monopoly'.
    But I'm still determined to do this.
    Case Study is on.

Can't tell much about my (secret) venture. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    But I can say this much; it is something that I am combining my talent (dance) and my study (CS) together which will be helpful to the Dancers.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Dancer_Engineer
    I am.
    I have been trying to work out my plan since a long time. Then recently when I finally decided to get started, I found my idea is stolen.
    Oops! No.
    I just realized 'ideas are no one's monopoly'.
    But I'm still determined to do this.
    Case Study is on.

Can't tell much about my (secret) venture. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    But I can say this much; it is something that I am combining my talent (dance) and my study (CS) together which will be helpful to the Dancers.
    interesting! ๐Ÿ˜€ all the best for it! ๐Ÿ‘ keep posting your progress in CE ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    CIVILPRINCESS
    interesting! ๐Ÿ˜€ all the best for it! ๐Ÿ‘ keep posting your progress in CE ๐Ÿ˜€
    Surely, I will.
    Need not mention. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, no need to mention your ideas if you don't want to. But it feels good that we've budding entrepreneurs on CE. Speaking of ideas - they never are 'original'. Google is, if you say, actually a 'reworked' Alta-Vista or Yahoo. Apple iPad was actually just a redesign of existing touch-screen computers and so on.

It's the execution that matters. Not the idea itself.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Okay, no need to mention your ideas if you don't want to. But it feels good that we've budding entrepreneurs on CE. Speaking of ideas - they never are 'original'. Google is, if you say, actually a 'reworked' Alta-Vista or Yahoo. Apple iPad was actually just a redesign of existing touch-screen computers and so on.

It's the execution that matters. Not the idea itself.
    Thank you, that helps! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    Thank you, that helps! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Good to know that. If we build multiple quality discussions in this section about entrepreneurship; I promise to get the experts to guide our CEans - right from providing mentorship to finance.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Good to know that. If we build multiple quality discussions in this section about entrepreneurship; I promise to get the experts to guide our CEans - right from providing mentorship to finance.
    Yes, that would be great and very helpful.

Like myself, was a little skeptical about my plan in the initial stage; but started to do the case study and also preparing an excel sheet for a small survey among my friend circle.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll ask founder of NurtureTalent to help the CEans who'd be interested in starting. Let's see what he says.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    I'll ask founder of NurtureTalent to help the CEans who'd be interested in starting. Let's see what he says.
    Ok. Awaiting a positive response. ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The journey of entrepreneurship is full of good and bad experiences. Why not share our good experiences in the journey? Let me start by sharing my own experience which I...
Most of the entrepreneurs dream of breaking even right in the first month or I'd say "as fast as possible". But often, finding your first customer and actually making your...
I've had a long debate with my friend about laptops being used for 'privacy' over 'mobility'. Let's face it, laptop gives you a way to hide your screen from the...
CEans, many engineering students are working on robots as their final or third year projects. Unless your design is confidential, why not share the photos of your robots with us?...
I've been thinking about this crazy idea for a contest under our CE Labs - and it would be open to engineers all around the world. The idea is to...