Who's Starting A Start-Up In 2012?

Just wondering whether we have engineers who're planning to start their own full-time or part-time venture in 2012. It could just a part-time activity that you want to turn into a part-time business or giving up your job/campus placement to start a startup. We'd like to know about you and your plans. If you're facing problems, share them with us and we promise to try our best to solve them.

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Jan 1, 2012

    I am.
    I have been trying to work out my plan since a long time. Then recently when I finally decided to get started, I found my idea is stolen.
    Oops! No.
    I just realized 'ideas are no one's monopoly'.
    But I'm still determined to do this.
    Case Study is on.

    Can't tell much about my (secret) venture. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    But I can say this much; it is something that I am combining my talent (dance) and my study (CS) together which will be helpful to the Dancers.

  • CIVILPRINCESS

    @civilprincess-308hDv • Jan 1, 2012

    Dancer_EngineerI am.
    I have been trying to work out my plan since a long time. Then recently when I finally decided to get started, I found my idea is stolen.
    Oops! No.
    I just realized 'ideas are no one's monopoly'.
    But I'm still determined to do this.
    Case Study is on.

    Can't tell much about my (secret) venture. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    But I can say this much; it is something that I am combining my talent (dance) and my study (CS) together which will be helpful to the Dancers.

    interesting! ๐Ÿ˜€ all the best for it! ๐Ÿ‘ keep posting your progress in CE ๐Ÿ˜€

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Jan 1, 2012

    CIVILPRINCESSinteresting! ๐Ÿ˜€ all the best for it! ๐Ÿ‘ keep posting your progress in CE ๐Ÿ˜€

    Surely, I will.
    Need not mention. ๐Ÿ˜€

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Jan 1, 2012

    Okay, no need to mention your ideas if you don't want to. But it feels good that we've budding entrepreneurs on CE. Speaking of ideas - they never are 'original'. Google is, if you say, actually a 'reworked' Alta-Vista or Yahoo. Apple iPad was actually just a redesign of existing touch-screen computers and so on.

    It's the execution that matters. Not the idea itself.

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Jan 1, 2012

    The_Big_KOkay, no need to mention your ideas if you don't want to. But it feels good that we've budding entrepreneurs on CE. Speaking of ideas - they never are 'original'. Google is, if you say, actually a 'reworked' Alta-Vista or Yahoo. Apple iPad was actually just a redesign of existing touch-screen computers and so on.

    It's the execution that matters. Not the idea itself.

    Thank you, that helps! ๐Ÿ˜€

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Jan 1, 2012

    Dancer_EngineerThank you, that helps! ๐Ÿ˜€

    Good to know that. If we build multiple quality discussions in this section about entrepreneurship; I promise to get the experts to guide our CEans - right from providing mentorship to finance.

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Jan 1, 2012

    The_Big_KGood to know that. If we build multiple quality discussions in this section about entrepreneurship; I promise to get the experts to guide our CEans - right from providing mentorship to finance.

    Yes, that would be great and very helpful.

    Like myself, was a little skeptical about my plan in the initial stage; but started to do the case study and also preparing an excel sheet for a small survey among my friend circle.

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Jan 1, 2012

    I'll ask founder of NurtureTalent to help the CEans who'd be interested in starting. Let's see what he says.

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Jan 1, 2012

    The_Big_KI'll ask founder of NurtureTalent to help the CEans who'd be interested in starting. Let's see what he says.

    Ok. Awaiting a positive response. ๐Ÿ‘