Which technique or steps are use for finding the ambiguous word in the given context

I am final year computer engineering student and my final year project topic is "Word Sense Disambiguation". I am using the Navie Bayes algorithm based on machine learning approach.
For finding the ambiguous word in the given sentence whether i use pre-processing of text or by using feature selection. Please suggest me technique for finding the ambiguous word and also suggest steps for finding the meaning of ambiguous word using Navie Bayes algorithm. Guide me the way for implementing the WSD using Navie Bayes algorithm.

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    Explain your project 'Word sense Disambiguation' using an input/output sample..
  • Ketki Dahad
    Ketki Dahad
    Input is given in the form of text string containing ambiguous word . The output should obtain the meaning of that ambiguous word in the given context or sentence.
    Consider the example containing word "Bank".
    (1)The boy leapt from the water into cold water.
    (2)The van pulled up outside the bank & three masked men got out.
    The bank has two different meaning i.e. "river of bank" & "Financial building". For this i need to find out the ambiguous in the sentence. I have to use machine learning technique (Navie Bayes algo) for finding the meaning of word. Firstly we have to find the ambiguous word in the given sentence. For this feature selection technique is given in some international journel . That feature selection technique is not clear to me and also used in most of the paper. Most of the people worked with feature selection method. But i have to use some different technique instead of feature selection method . so please suggest me which technique should apply . Should i use same technique or any logical method will apply like preprocessing such as tokenization , chunking , parsing etc.
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Ketki Dahad
    Input is given in the form of text string containing ambiguous word . The output should obtain the meaning of that ambiguous word in the given context or sentence.
    Consider the example containing word "Bank".
    (1)The boy leapt from the water into cold water.
    (2)The van pulled up outside the bank & three masked men got out.
    The bank has two different meaning i.e. "river of bank" & "Financial building". For this i need to find out the ambiguous in the sentence. I have to use machine learning technique (Navie Bayes algo) for finding the meaning of word. Firstly we have to find the ambiguous word in the given sentence. For this feature selection technique is given in some international journel . That feature selection technique is not clear to me and also used in most of the paper. Most of the people worked with feature selection method. But i have to use some different technique instead of feature selection method . so please suggest me which technique should apply . Should i use same technique or any logical method will apply like preprocessing such as tokenization , chunking , parsing etc.
    The first thought I got after reading this was LIBRARY Synonyms: 9 Synonyms & Antonyms for LIBRARY | Thesaurus.com. There are several libraries available to use thesaurus dictionary. Is it compulsory for you to use "Navie Bayes algorithm"?
  • Ketki Dahad
    Ketki Dahad
    Yes , because i have explicitly mention Navie Bayes algo in documentation part by mutual understanding of my guide and my other patners.
  • Ketki Dahad
    Ketki Dahad
    Yes , because i have explicitly mention Navie Bayes algo in documentation part by mutual understanding of my guide and my other patners. If any other idea will be there by using machine learning algo plz suggest me. Do i merge more than one algorithm...?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ISRO scientists and officials are holding a meeting today in Bangalore to brief the hardware and mobile manufacturers about their upcoming IRNSS - the desi navigation system a la 'Global...
In big programs sometimes I face problems while understanding the flow. Which book I should choose first from below books?? After reading reviews on google I am confused. Which book...
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com is now owned by Google's parent company Alphabet. Just a few days ago, Google announced that all its businesses will be operated by a parent company that will assume...
If you use Microsoft Excel, you ought to know Chandoo - a self-made entrepreneur, who started from a small personal blog read only by his friends and went on to...