View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12933 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Sandipan Paul
Sandipan Paul • Aug 24, 2015

Which technical field to choose?

Hi I am working as a network engineer for an MNC. But I don't want to pursue networking as my carrier option, want to switch my technology. Can anyone suggest which technology can I shift to? I don't want to go for coding or testing. I have 3 years of experience in Networking and CCNA certified.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 24, 2015
Sandipan Paul
Can anyone suggest which technology can I shift to? I don't want to go for coding or testing.
It's difficult to say. There are so many options available. I think the starting point to find out answer to your question would be to know if you've considered any options.
Sandipan Paul
Sandipan Paul • Aug 24, 2015
Hi Kaustubh Katdare thanks for your response...I am thinking of something related to database management....but I am not sure how and where to start with...
Jeffrey Arulraj
Jeffrey Arulraj • Aug 24, 2015
If you want to like into DBMS as a career option, sharpen your skills in one of the two main frameworks.
  • .Net, C# and SQL Server
  • Oracle and Java
Do some certification in one of these fields and you are sure to land up in DBMS soon
Welcome to Crazyengineers @Sandipan Paul . Now, When you have decided to switch to newer technology how about starting with those technologies (i.e Vmware Virtualisation) which will also count your previous experience & in the same time are different from Networking rather than choosing a totally new domain.
Sandipan Paul
Sandipan Paul • Aug 25, 2015
@Jeffrey Samuel thanks for the info.... Can you tell me some certifications that will help...and is it be a good option in joinning into some of the institutes like NIIT...??
Sandipan Paul
Sandipan Paul • Aug 25, 2015
@Vikram S Bargah thanks nice suggestion...but what is the scope of VMware..??are there good job options..??and how can I start ..??do I have to join some institution and do some courses on it..??
Sandipan Paul
scope of VMware
Please refer 'this'.

Sandipan Paul
how can I start
Start with 'This' , then 'This' & Finally 'this' 😀

All the Best.

Share this content on your social channels -