which sensor should i use?

I'm new here,and please to meet u all
i having a problem to create a socket with sensor.
which type of sensor should i use to control the on/off of a socket?
which 1 is much suitable to fit in my project? infrared sensor or optical sensor.

My idea is replace the ordinary switch on socket to sensor which detect the physical body part(example :hand) then the socket will turn on, same step will be use to off the socket, is it possible to make it?

Replies

• nsiva007
    nsiva007
    Yes it is possible... i think infrared sensors can be used,basically what yo have to do is to couple with a relay.. like whenever yo place your hands between the sensors it should activate the relay and change the state of the switch...! Yo have to sort out how to implement..! can you describe more about your problem?? And what optical sensor are you referring to???
  • liew88
    liew88
    i tot it is unable to make it, thanks for ur idea!
  • liew88
    liew88
    nsiva007
    Yes it is possible... i think infrared sensors can be used,basically what yo have to do is to couple with a relay.. like whenever yo place your hands between the sensors it should activate the relay and change the state of the switch...! Yo have to sort out how to implement..! can you describe more about your problem?? And what optical sensor are you referring to???
    thank for ur reply! Actually i more refer to the proximity sensor(1 of optical sensor), but still got a lot of problem to form the circuit. Do u have any idea that can build the circuit with the proximity sensor? i kinda confusing of building circuit using sensor(first time build circuit with sensor)... If got any similar example, can u show it here? thank you! ​
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    liew88
    thank for ur reply! Actually i more refer to the proximity sensor(1 of optical sensor), but still got a lot of problem to form the circuit. Do u have any idea that can build the circuit with the proximity sensor? i kinda confusing of building circuit using sensor(first time build circuit with sensor)... If got any similar example, can u show it here? thank you! ​
    If you want any basic circuit then you can find the basic application circuit in the application note of that proximity sensor and for your application specific circuit you are asking then it is totally depend on your application and features you want to use in the project.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i dont know much about this topic but my idea is try this in math lab or on any software to check whether it is right or wrong if u done anything wrong u can see result there and u can get ur success .................... this is my idea
  • nsiva007
    nsiva007
    Hey Liew88 juzz describe your problem a bit more...! I'll try if something can be done..! I've less experience in making circuits, still in my 3rd sem,but i can try..! plz elaborately describe your problem,i'll work on it to find something usefull.....!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Intuitive Tools to Drive Use of Business Process Management through Systems Consolidation Project IRVINE, Calif. and LONDON — November 23, 2010 — Epicor Software Corporation (NASDAQ: EPIC), a leading provider...
I want cast iron magnets with high magnetic strength, low residual magnet and low hysteresis loss (High electrical resistance for low eddi current losses). What should be the composition of...
hello friends,😁 i am new here 😉 and i would like to share my experience with you... 😒so i was thinking to start a thread where we can share knowledge...
Hey CEans please help me in following problems.These are a part of my Linux/Unix project but I am unable to do solve them due to lack of skills in Linux....
Can FLOPPY DISK partitioned? If yes, Why else why not ?😕 CEans .. Do anybody of you knows the answer of this question?