1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Which processor should I use?

Question asked by naveen.styx in #Electronics on Feb 22, 2017
naveen.styx
naveen.styx · Feb 22, 2017
Rank E2 - BEGINNER
Hi Guys. Currently I'm pursuing Mechatronics. My project is based on sensors and machine learning. For that which processor should I use for combining sensor dat and machine learning. I am so confused.. Please help me. Posted in: #Electronics
Teja Reddy
Teja Reddy · Jan 20, 2020
Rank C3 - EXPERT

I think you will mostly be using simulation softwares for these the following system specifications I think can run most of the things in your laptop/pc.

Minimum requirements

i5 8th gen processor

8gb ram

Graphics dedicated memory 2gb

SSD (240gb) it's optional 

Karshil Sheth
Karshil Sheth · Jan 20, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT
  • ASUS VivoBook Thin and Light Gaming Laptop, 15.6" Full HD, Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD+1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB, backlit keyboard - M580VD-EB76. Best laptop and best processor.
  • I use Dell Inspiron 5000 thin and light laptop. 15.6" HD, Intel core i5-6th generation processor with 8gb DDR3 ram, 1tb HDD, AMD 2gb graphic card. I use for programming and have installed VMware for ubuntu and centos. Also used android, autocad, eclipse and other software with ease. You will occur performace issue while running programs on cluster sometime but i liked it as it was in my budget and also latest at my time.
Swarup Pan
Swarup Pan · Jan 21, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

As you said you are gonna work on ML and stuff.

Initially i3 5th gen processor will do the job.

Bus as you dig deep in ML like you work with larger datasets, or complex training models, Convolutional Neural Network algorithms you would require high end processor and high ram capacity. 

From my experience, I can say that in my college final year project I worked on CNN based algorithm to improve on a paper published by MIT research student, I had i7 processor and 8 gb of ram in my system.

It take me almost 18 hours to run the code for the first time.

saandeep sreerambatla
saandeep sreerambatla · Jan 21, 2020
Rank B3 - LEADER

If you want to run deep learning algorithms then I would recommend you to have a Nvidia graphics card , this gpu has cuda enabled and can run matirx multiplications very well. Processer I say, if AMD supports Nvidia then go for AMD they are a bit cheaper. 

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up