which Port identifies battery charger?

When I plug in the charger to the mobile, what is the means of communication between the mobile and the battery, i,e, what signal is generated when a charger is plugged in and where is it generated. How does the mobile know that a charger has been plugged in and allows battery charging? How to get control of that point?😕

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    There is usually a battery management IC which does this. It senses the presence/absence of power and starts charging accordingly.
  • kiruthikar
    kiruthikar
    reachrkata
    There is usually a battery management IC which does this. It senses the presence/absence of power and starts charging accordingly.
    Is there any means of getting access of that ic using a microcontroller? please help
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I think Microcontroller decide that using ADC value of the voltage. Not sure !
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @godfather- I guess the charger input is DC itself so problem of ADC is solved.
    @kiruthikar- I'm sceptical as to whether that power management IC will be digital.This should solve most of your queries-https://www.siliconfareast.com/power-mgt-ic.htm
  • NDL
    NDL
    Not from that field but with my personal experience I would say it may be the same IC. as few days later my mobile got damaged and it was not showing anything not even it was charging. The engineer told me that its IC has been damaged and they will have to replace it.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shreyasm89
    @godfather- I guess the charger input is DC itself so problem of ADC is solved.
    @kiruthikar- I'm sceptical as to whether that power management IC will be digital.This should solve most of your queries-https://www.siliconfareast.com/power-mgt-ic.htm
    Yes. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know when to use NEFT and when to use RTGS, If both serves same purpose which is best?
guys i request all of you to please suggest one name of your choice for ce facebook application
The war between the two countries is online. There's a long history of Pakistani hackers hacking Indian Government websites. PCA has hacked CBI website. At the time of writing this...
can anyone help me decide which 1 to choose??? i really don't know..... the problem is that EEG is soooo diverse and can work anywhere with it however SREE is...
Hi Friends, Im a B.tech graduate(ECE) working as an IT Support which includes administering and solving the issues in a system,have done MCITP training even.Im planning to study further but...