Which motor is suitable for elevator?

hi,
is there anyone to help me out...???
which motor is suitable for elevator and also we need rotation at different angle(say 30,60,90,120,180...).some one suggest that servo motor is best.if it is servomotor,what will be highest available torque in servomotor .
is there 30,60 degree rotation possible in servo motor...>

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    what type of elevator, traction or hydraulic?
  • hai itz me
    hai itz me
    the motor which is for the purpose of traction
  • gohm
    gohm
    You'll want a gearless DC traction motor for anything larger than a few stories tall. For smaller applications, a geared DC system with a silicon controlled rectifier will be fine. HP will depend on load requirements. For further exploration of vertical transportation, start at this site:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • hai itz me
    hai itz me
    thank you for the reply
  • gohm
    gohm
    you are welcome, let us know how your project develops & if you have further questions.
  • hai itz me
    hai itz me
    actually, i want to know whether servo motor can be used to rotate for intermediate angles like say 20' , 40' , 80' , and so on.............
    hope you understand my question....?

what is the maximum torque available with ac servo motor, i want the torque value in Nm..............
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    But what is your load requirements??? how you want to operate the elevator??what type of load it is going to carry???...please reply,these are important for selection of motor!!!
  • hai itz me
    hai itz me
    here, load is a car.i want to carry the car in a turntable( used for dual purpose,acts as a lift as well as turn table).........................
    the average weight of the car is 2000kg.is it possible to use the servo motor for different angle(say 20,40,60 and so on) and also which type of servo motor is suitable for this application............
  • gohm
    gohm
    Still need some more info, what is the height of the elevator? Ac brushless step motors are only good for low rise buildings. Komotek & IE are two of many manufactures. So you want the same motor to provide the lift and rotation? Will both movements be independant?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well you will require a heavy duty motor with servo controls!!!
  • apsingh
    apsingh
    I think "dc series motor"

cheers!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is a feedback. I have seen some members, who are not inactive. They log in almost everyday. But, they are active only in the CE-Conference where they chat or...
Hello all, I am a telecommunication engineer from karachi...... I am done with my bachelors last month...... Now I want to further continue my studies... but m in dilemma.... I...
There are 2 separated rooms, one having 8 bulbs and the other having 8 switches. You have to find out which switch is of which bulb, in minimum possible steps....
😉 Hi friends, Need to build a reliable DC to AC Inverter for a solar parking light application. A common DC/AC inverter could be puchased quite cheaply, however as solar...
can anyone pls suggest me a topic for paper presentation on electronics and its applications in latest technologies???😒😕