Which Laptop is Best For College Students?

Hey Everyone, Would you please suggest me a good laptop for studying purpose. Actually I want to buy a laptop for my sister, she is studying in B.C.A first year. I want to buy a laptop with i7 processor for higher speed of CPU and atleast 8 GB RAM Because with 8 GB RAM she can also enjoy gaming on this laptop. There is no budget issue. Please suggest me some good laptops, I shall be thankful to you.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

What is going to be the primary use of the laptop? Will it be used for gaming or any heavy-duty applications that require graphic processing? 

• Mohit Patil
    Mohit Patil

With the budget not being a constraint, I suggest MacBook Pro. My 6 year oldie sticks with me reliably. 

• DM update
    DM update

I use HP and Lenovo Laptops ad i find them good to use.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I've used a DELL for long time; but never had satisfactory performance with the battery. Also, I'm not sure if it was me; but the last laptop I had (DELL Inspiron) had very poor battery life and it'd get warmed up even with 20 minutes of Internet surfing. 

I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# that if the budget and operating system is not a concern; Macbooks work really well. They have exceptional battery life and everything just works on the MacOS. 

PS: It takes me about 2 hours to setup development environment from scratch on a Windows 10 machine; which I do in 10-15 minutes on MacOS. 

• amara wilson
    amara wilson

Thanks for your good suggestions everyone. Now, I have many good options to choose best one.

• Mohit Patil
    Mohit Patil

#-Link-Snipped-# - Lenovo used to make good laptops; but not any more. I've hopped on to the Apple boat and couldn't be happier. 

#-Link-Snipped-# - Laravel setup? Should not take more than 15 minutes on Windows 10. You aren't using Laragon ;))

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Yeah; Laravel setup - and I did try using Laragon. I quit after facing issues with the DNS resolver (I think they use Acrylic DNS; but not sure). I'm happy with Valet setup on MacOS. Does the job very well.

#-Link-Snipped-# - Which laptop did you choose finally? 

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

#-Link-Snipped-# If it's for gaming, get a laptop that has a dedicated graphics card at least. Also, you may find some good deals for the previous gen Dell XPS 15 (9570 model), as the 9580 is being launched. The 9570 specs are still good and the body is quite sleek.

• Aryaman Gupta
    Aryaman Gupta

we have many options for Laptops in the market, especially for students. You can get Asus Vivobook 14 or 15 which is a very portable and worthy laptop for students from ASUS.

• Vinay Mishra
    Vinay Mishra

If she is in BCA then I think laptop with good processor(as you said i7), Graphic card and also a better battery life is sufficient. In BCA she will use laptop majorly for programming and web as well as app development. You can buy any laptop (Apple, HP, LENOVO, ASUS) or any other with i7 processor, 4GB graphic card, 8GB RAM. This configurations are just for running software for programming and development. like Android Studio, Netbeans or many others.

Hope it helps!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Friends,I am John from Jacob Engineers. I am newbie in this forum. I like very much to join this forums. ThanksJohn
Electrical, telecommunication & computer engineers concerned with the safety of 5G network. Please join the discussion 
Hi Madam / siri hope you doing great.I am doing my final year project about the rural road development and they ask me to chose specific title in the rural...
Please let us know how you guys earn money? Is this website a passive income? and also please tell us your journey from the bottom. We want to know you...