CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • poojim

MemberNov 16, 2013

Maybe you forgot Blackberry's RIM and Amazon Kindle's Fire OS.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorNov 16, 2013

poojim
    Maybe you forgot Blackberry's RIM and Amazon Kindle's Fire OS.
    Well, I didn't consider them because they aren't very promising (IMHO). Why do you think these operating systems are promising and why would they be significant in coming days?
    Cancel
  • lal

MemberNov 17, 2013

Its Jolla's Sailfish OS. A group of old employees of Nokia started it. Jolla isn't Nokia's. That is what I understood following Jolla for the past few months.

I'm eagerly waiting for Sailfish OS to hit the market. The latest news is that the first Jolla phone will get in to the hands of a consumer on 26th of this month (delivering the pre-orders). I'm expecting a bit too much from Jolla Sailfish OS.

Ah, so I'm placing my bet on Jolla!
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberNov 17, 2013

My eyes are fixed on TizenOS, because first-of-all it is backed by Samsung & Intel, who have already have their developers collaborating in Linux Kernel; hence better latest hardware support. TizenOS is among few LinuxFoundation collaboration projects, that is another big plus. And recently, Samsung & Intel found 36 companies to back TizenOS.The collaboration of two juggernauts are planning something BIG!

Moreover, TizenOS is not only aimed for Mobile as it's Operating System, but TizenOS will even be used as In-vehicle Infotainment, Smart TV & Netbooks too.
    (You may see Broadwell+TizenOS based ultra sleek netbooks soon, where soon = 2015)

And lastly, it uses Wayland display server, which I think is better than M..... (Abhishek! no more Mir versus Wayland talk) 😉
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorNov 17, 2013

@#-Link-Snipped-# - What happened to your loyalty to uBuntu? 👀
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberNov 17, 2013

Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - What happened to your loyalty to uBuntu? 👀
    I am (& will remain) loyal to Opensource community, not just Ubuntu.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register