Which is better for todays vehicles- CDI ignition or Inductive ignition system?

We know that there are many ignition systems widely used in automobile sector to improve the efficiency and timing but there is a necessity for analyzing the best and apt ignition system for present automobiles.
1)IIS- Inductive Ignition system was used for the following cases,
  1. where Lean fuel mixtures are widely used,
  2. to provide prolonged spark duration,
  3. to get better and cleaner burning of lean fuel,
  4. Better reliability.
  5. cdi cdi
2)CDI-capicitive discharge system:
  1. Suitable for oil rich/ rich fuel mixtures,
  2. Can burn off the deposits or residual better than IIS,
  3. Used commonly in older 4 stroke ngines and 2 stroke engines.
I want to know which is better? and suggest the present and future technologies used in ignition system?
Can electronic igition system be trusted?What will be the future system?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why different companies use different firing order ? we know that firing order will be defined to the companies requirements.Whether it may be power or efficiency or sound.We know that...
Name: Don *Engineering Trade: Industrial Location: St. Louis, MO. USA *Occupation: (Working) at BIN (BIN95.com) an industrial training company. Work Experience: (industrial automation) *Hobbies & Interests: TDC and PLCs *Aim...
I have two memory cards with similar problems.The main problem is that my memory card cannot be accessed by through both phone and pc.But If I insert it in my...
WHY? (From most likely to least.) #1 Factor: Environment #2 Factor: Brand/Model #3 Factor: Electrical Design supporting PLC #4 Factor: PLC Management WHAT? (From most likely to least.) PLC output...
Gionee Mobile India has launched a new phablet in its GPad series called the Gionee GPad G3. Based in Delhi, Gionee is a company that has been steadily launching new...