Which CFL Brand Do CEans Prefer?

As engineers who care for the environment, I'm sure most of us have replaced the traditional 'yellow' bulbs in our houses with the CFLs. If you haven't, you should immediately. I'm wondering which CFL brand do CEans prefer and what's the particular reason for preferring that brand.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I prefer LED Lamps instead of CFL. CFL is harmful for eyes.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    yes LED lamps are far better than cfl to consumes the less power.
  • prashanth463
    prashanth463
    we are not using led lamps but we are using cfl's, i prefer crompton greaves and philips
  • lal
    lal
    CFLs create too much harmonics according to many studies. Some say these harmonics adversely affect the transformer core.

When I enquired about this to an officer in electricity board he did say it is true. When asked, why isn't cfl banned in that case, we got an answer that they consider harmonics in all phases to be balanced. So its mostly ignored for the fact that cfl saves quite a lot of energy.
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    I think CFLs are better to use as a point of view of engineer student and better light than LED.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    safiajen0055
    I think CFLs are better to use as a point of view of engineer student and better light than LED.
    No way LED's are way to cool. In CFL's Philips and CG are real cool

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Virool - the viral video network that reaches over 22 million people has just raised $6.62 million funds in what they call as their 'seed' round. Virool got the investment...
In the recent times, I've me a few engineers who have been working on their 'ideas' but are terribly afraid to take the plunge and start their entrepreneurial journey. I'm...
I remember my mom would use that phrase to make me use my own 'brain' and do the 'right' thing. But it turns out that the question is far more...
The IT industry in India isn't doing very well these days. That's the reasons the entry level salaries offered to engineering graduates have almost stagnated in the past ~3 years...
The Large Hadron Collider - the biggest machine ever built by humans is taking a coffee break and shutting down for the next two years. But the machine has already...