Which Brand Laptop is good?

Hi, I am planning to buy a new laptop within the range of 30-35k. But I am confused which brand Laptop will be good.

Previously I used HP, and from last 2 years there product become too much worthless.
Can you suggest me which brand (Dell, Sony and Lenovo) is good for me. As I want a lapi for next 3 years, and I have very simple uses. like coding, movies and songs.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Everyone has their own favorites. I've used all the three you've mentioned but didn't find any difference. Add Apple to it and things change. I'm not an Apple Fanboy; but have experienced the difference. If I'm not mistaken, all the leading brands manufacture their devices at the same factory in China. It's just a difference of labels.

For the price range of Rs. 30-35k, Sony has better models. Have you considered Acer?
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    The_Big_K
    For the price range of Rs. 30-35k, Sony has better models. Have you considered Acer?
    ACER, I heard very bad reviews for that. And you are right all of them manufactured in CHINA only.

I want to choose between these three only. So what do you say again? One thing that I cheked SONY has less option , but Lenovo has more option in this range.
  • Reya
    Reya
    I guess, there are only four models(EG35,EH35,Eseries VPCEH35EN,VPCEG35EN) in Sony VAIO in the range 30-35k. It looks cool. Also check out the specifications for these four models. The processor,Harddisk size differs in Lenova(500GB HDD,i5) and Sony(320GB,i3) in that range. Also heard that the customer care is not so good in Sony.​
    ​
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Reya
    Also heard that the customer care is not so good in Sony.​
    ​
    That is very important, I think Dell has best customer care service.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    I personal experience and from what I have seen with my friends, says Lenovo might be slightly better. Do not opt for their slot-in drives though. Most of Dell laptops have their batteries going weak within a year or so. Sony is good but seems to me a little flimsy compared to Dell and Lenovo and a bit costlier than the ones from other brands. I have thrown my Lenovo notebook(it was inside its leather bag) from a height of of about 8 feet over a distance of 4-5 meters onto concrete floor and nothing happened to it πŸ˜› (done that in an emergency situation). I have been using it for past 5 years and can vouch for it being a value for money product. Dell ones are good too but a good number of people complain about their battery and some models get overheated, so if you are going for Dell, make sure you research about the model you are wanting to buy.

And whichever brand you decide to buy, make sure you have a service centre nearby your place. Do not rely on on-site promises. During urgency it is best to visit the centre ourselves.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd agree with what #-Link-Snipped-# said. I've used Dell's laptops and they do seem to struggle with Battery. The latest Sony models look good; but I've used them only for a limited period of time. I've had a good experience with their on-site service; but again, I'd not take a chance with it. Has anyone had any experience with Acer?
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    Acer provides good value for money but many have faced some or the other hardware related issues but most were during the 1st year which is covered under warranty. But again, it is just a piece of electronic hardware and it might turn out to be a bad day for anyone.

I bought a MSI laptop for my cousin a year ago and its performing well. Their's and Samsung's models are 2-4k Rs below that of other brands and they offer 2 year warranty instead of the regular 1 year deal. Haven't had 1st hand experience with Samsung but heard from a friend that it is quite good.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# for sharing your experience. It will help me in deciding my second Laptop Brand, πŸ˜€ .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, Samsung too seems to be a good option these days. I hardly see anyone using Samsung laptops; but have heard a good thing or two about them. Can someone post their experiences with Samsung laptops, please?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I have used HP and Dell both.... Seems every bodyelse having problem with Dell battery.I noticed that HP laptops are like dead after 2 years.One of my friend is using Acer laptop, says its works good but I am not sure Acer is good in well performance for 2-3 years.
    As per I know Dell is best in customer support and I have seen it couple of times. They will come to your home for if not solved over internet not just billing address but any where you are in India.
    My friend's laptop got minor problem with speaker and they come to him in just two days and replaced the whole speaker part. For the fact , my friend was staying remotly located in Chattisgarh near UP border at that time.
    because of their service and quality we have two XPS series and one Inspiron machine in my family.
    On the battery issue, may be I have taken care of battery life and still giving me very good backup after 2.5 years.
    Is there any other issue with Dell,apart from Battery??
    Here I agree that Dell is costly but but similar price with HP.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    #-Link-Snipped-# I love everything about Dell except for their warranty service. Not being in bigger cities may hamper their on site service. My friend got his ram dead and had to wait for 4 days before he got it replaced. I know of 2 more such cases where they had to wait for 2-4 days before they could sit back staring at their lit screens. I would definitely not prefer waiting as I have lots of important work to do everyday and for the same reason I selected Lenovo which had a good service presence in Mumbai. I had an issue with their slot-in drives but it was resolved in less than 20 mins. I liked their professional service very much. Dell is surely good but many models start giving battery problems soon and some are known to overheat without any apparent reason.
    I personally do not like HP because their internal mechanism is a lot messy than the others and I keep opening laptops every now and then so it irritates me a lot. The neatest internal mechanism I have seen is with that of Acer and Lenovo.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-#, Hmm...you have bad experience, but dell come to your home and provide service.
    I like Lenovo, their build quality are very good. But i didn't find much options with it.you can customize Dell machines.
    Thinkpad is from IBM series and quite most popular series till date from IBM to Lenovo.
    I think Dell/Lenovo are best choiceπŸ˜€
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Thanks all for your comments and experience sharing. Now I will go for DELL or Lenovo only.
  • Ayush_pse
    Ayush_pse
    my room mate has samsung laptop. few weeks ago it had some over heating problems, so he went to the service centre. There they told him that the problem was regarding the motherboard & the laptop will be returned within 7 working days. But then there response from them even after 3 weeks. So my room mate again went to the service centre where they told him it would take another week. then a senior engineer from samsung sa next to him and asked him "Beta! Who the hell advised u to buy a samsung laptop? Did he hav sme grudge on u!?"
    i guess this feedback about samsung laptops from my room mate is sufficient!? πŸ˜’
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    😁😁😁... If Samsung senor engineer is saying like that, then what we expect more.
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Try Asus Laptopes. They have exclusive good cooling technology and those are not too much priced like Sony Viao Series you can get core i3+3GB DDR3 RAM+Dedicated Graphics about 30,000 INR.
  • Coo Paul
    Coo Paul
    Kishan Gupta
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# for sharing your experience. It will help me in deciding my second #-Link-Snipped-#, πŸ˜€ .
    What's your choice, DELL or Lenovo?

Itspuneet
    Try Asus Laptopes. They have exclusive good cooling technology and those are not too much priced like Sony Viao Series you can get core i3+3GB DDR3 RAM+Dedicated Graphics about 30,000 INR.
    +1 about Sony Vaio, it's cost much more than other laptop brand and my favorite ASUS laptop is Vivobook

FIY: I am Sony fanboy πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Macbook Air 2013 with extended battery life. FTW!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Macbook Air 2013 with extended battery life. FTW!
    Here, most people aren't millionaire 😳

I have use Mac Book air a little and once I saw Lenovo Ideapad S405 (59-348194) Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Rs.41956 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad S405 (59-348194) Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Silver Grey Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com, lenovo was just looks as Mac and light.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Asus & Lenovo have my recommendations. Though, can't go wrong with Dell if there are no other options.

Sony too over priced!
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    Here, most people aren't millionaire 😳

I have use Mac Book air a little and once I saw Lenovo Ideapad S405 (59-348194) Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Rs.41956 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad S405 (59-348194) Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) Silver Grey Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com, lenovo was just looks as Mac and light.
    I'm pretty sure a Lenovo notebook retailing at 500$ doesn't come close to a macbook air in terms of construction, reliability and battery life. Lenovo is awesome in its own right but both machines are built to a price which you can clearly see while using them, And you certainly don't have to be a millionaire to buy a mac air, The 2012 model is currently retailing for 61,900 until stocks last and you can get 6% off via student discount as well.

Although I would highly recommend holding out for the 2013 model with the Haswell processor as its got more power and way more battery life plus even the base model now gets a 128gb ssd which apparently has faster boot times than the current apple flagship macbook pro retina 15" which kinda makes me sad because I recently got one literally blowing my wallet.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Paying 115 K Bucks for While polymer (with too many restrictions & no freedom) Boooo!

For me, Alienware > Macbook 15" : Anyday.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    I am using a SONY Vaio Laptop from 2 years , and I have to say that it is little costly then other but it is better then other also. I do not have any issue yet in these 2 years, I am seeing my friends and relatives who have laptop of other brand, got some issue after 1 year only.
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    Abhishek rawal
    Paying 115 K Bucks for While polymer (with too many restrictions & no freedom) Boooo!

For me, Alienware > Macbook 15" : Anyday.
    I paid 150k for a very thin unibody aluminium macbook with a gorgeous retina display and a super fast ssd and I have never regret it once. I don't know what restriction you're talking about because I love OSX compared to windows 8.

And if we're talking about gaming laptops specifically, then you should definitely check out razer, It beats the crap out of alienware! Razer > Alienware : Anyday!😁
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    nishant arora
    check out razer, It beats the crap out of alienware! Razer > Alienware : Anyday!😁
    I agree on this though.

nishant arora
    I love OSX compared to windows 8.
    I use none of which you mentioned. Now, I guess you're smart enough to understand what "Freedom" I am talking about πŸ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

iam done wid 2nd yr.is der somebody out der who s also preparing for gate 2014? seniors..pls help me out in preparing from the scrach..nd for doz preparing for gate...
Recently Samsung galaxy S3 is being launched which features a quadcore processor into it . Does Android Phones really require quad-core processsors or they can function smoothly without them also....
Groundbreaking blend of Jal Shakti with Urja Shakti​ ​A first of its kind, Gujarat will dedicate India’s first 1 MW Canal-top Solar Power Project on the Sanand Branch Canal of...
Yahoo! Inc. has been a troubled company for many years now. All the major news we've been covering about Yahoo is either about product retirements or layoffs. Scott Thompson became...
Hello everyone, I want to build a use case diagram of a complex system (by complex system I mean a system that has many subsystems). The subsystems are providing services...