Which algorithm is used to compress a file ?

hello guy's
I have written some codes of huffman coading algorithm(lossles compression) in c.
And now i want to know which algorithm is used in populer compressed file like zip,rar,tar etc ?
Please provide some link where i can get moer detail about that algorithm.

Replies

• The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    No replies !!
    I want to know to know which algorithm is used in realtime applications.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Are you trying to compress an image or what? There are many lossless compressions like zip, gzip, bzip2, lzma, etc... 😀
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    no i don't have much idea about how lossy compression.I written a code using c to compress a text file.But i think my code is not an optimal code.So i want to know which algorithm is used in real time applications.
    Can you tell me which algorithm is used by these real time applications ?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    In real time they use LZMA compression algorithm. It is open source so, you can get the source code and implement... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Answer the questions based on Networking/ Telecommunications. I don't want to give you the options. Just keep answering. 1. _____ is a communication path between 2 nodes. 2. PC+LAN card...
I got a question asking the Disadvantages or Limitations of the Mobile systems/ Wireless Networks. I got some points, here are they. Correct me If I am wrong and If...
Note To Applicants: We've been receiving several applications for the job. Unfortunately, there are several applicants who are sending us articles directly copy-pasted from other blogs; thinking they'll fool us....
So, you love to blog? Do you love engineering, technology, gadgets and gizmos? Do you like to talk about latest in technology to your friends (until they really get bored)?...
Let's have a tip daily to live Healthy & Happily 😀 1. Take Grapes Daily or more often. Eating grapes on a regular basis helps in the following ways. -...