whether the GId in distributed system is centralized or distributed

i want to know how exactly GIS works in distributed systems, if it is centralized then how it manages or collects information of resources that are geographically disperesd and if it is distributed then how the consistency is acheived about the available resources.

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Distributed GIS provide many incentives compared to monolithic systems basically taking advantage of distributedness in both management and processing of spatial data.

The queries in a GIS are usually based on data collected locally. The fraction of queries which access
    data from other locations are not large enough to justify storing all the data at each location.

Refer this papers
    In case of Mobile GIS

#-Link-Snipped-#

A distributed and object oriented GIS byB.V.S.S.D. Kiran Kumar , Prasun Sinha and P.C.P. Bhatt

#-Link-Snipped-#

Not exactly but trying

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Todd, hope this question qualifies, as I have no clue how to solve it I've provided you a drawing to the right to assist you in coming up with...
hi guys, i was wondering...... is work experience really necessary for MBA aspirants. i am asking this because i have seen people loose interest in further studies once they get...
sir, is it a rule sort of that papers are to be presented on an established technology, and then you have to analyse and put forward your views. can it...
There are people who believe AJAX is a new Technology. I personally believe its a Technique. What's your take on it? Why?
Hi.. Can someone help me find an appropriate mini project with your experience. Please suggest me with necessary links too. I have only four more days to submit it.