whether internet provides democracy?

The internet allows us to view, create, and share information. However, people can use that information either for ‘good’ or ‘bad’ purposes. This growing communication can promote democracy, but it can also be used for repression.

Internet plays an important role, starting with, searching on Google and Yahoo, social networks sites like Facebook, sharing videos, tweeting on Twitter, shopping on EBay, playing online games and accessing tech news from around the world.

Whether the internet contributes to democratization, that it helps in free flow of information within the country and enhance communication level. But nearly 40 countries around the globe have censored the internet and 25 have blocked Google over the past few years.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just saw the "Russia 2045"("avatar BCI stuff") and it was technologically very inspiring..! But when you think in another way something does not sound good..! i.e. are we trying...
Hi guys, I'm looking for an original TND-501 or a substitute for the same its a spare from the Trace Elliot AH1000 Bass amp.
A few of the tributes currently making the rounds on twitter. 1) "Pratibha Patil to leave Delhi soon for Pune. Via Bali, Tahiti, Honolulu , Vancouver , Miami , St....
Can someone write detailed functioning of the air conditioners? I'd appreciate your responses.
iam a mechanical engg 4th year guy... can any one suggest me a good project in automobile engineering.??