Where to find the ubuntu full source code

i need full Ubuntu source code....... tell me where to download .....
i know this is pen source.......

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To the best of my knowledge, Ubuntu uses Debian Linux source code. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Addendum: Take a look here - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    The_Big_K
    To the best of my knowledge, Ubuntu uses Debian Linux source code. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yes, Ubuntu is based on Debian.

If you need the kernel source code, follow these steps:

1. Make sure you have the source code repository enabled. To do this, go to System>Administration>Software Sources and check the source code repository. Reload the package information.

2. Open a terminal window and type

sudo apt-get install linux-source-2.x.xx

Replace 2.x.xx with the kernel version. If you don't know what your kernel version is, use the following command:

uname -r

The output will be something like this "2.6.27-9-generic"

In this case you will have to replace 2.x.xx with 2.6.27

Also look at the following post for more information Ubuntu Forums
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    thanks mates.... this may be help full for me too😁
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well i have ubuntu CD, i have to check wheather they have source code in it,if yess,i will get back to you
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I forgot to mention that you have to be connected to the internet to install the source code. Almost all the software that you install through the repositories is downloaded from the internet.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wd like to know ,how one can hide the files in pen drive with a password.Do you need to down load any software for that?What is the PC compatibility...
How to convert mesh no to screen opening in mm? Have been looking for an answer for long time but with no success.
I've come across many websites that do not let you view the content or use the services unless you register. The registration, most of the times, is free. What do...
the story is too good... story starts with jamal(hero) being questioned by police for cheating in 'Who wants to be a millionaire'( indian version='kaun banega karordpati'), a slum boy who...
Hi, There are lots of filters like Gabor, GLCM filters to extract features for the image. What is the difference between these filters and what are the other filters that...