Where is the reflection in the mirror

People who have seen ,movies like Inception or Bruce lee 's Enter the dragon,might have observed that at one particular scene ,the mirrors are drwn directly to face the camera's...But we cant see camera nor the shooting scenes in the mirrors .

How did they manage this..???

Filmi techniques..or physics???which one ...i dont get ....

Can anyone explain..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's one thing I wondered all the time. Never bothered to 'search' for a solution though. It would be interesting if someone can tell us the trick ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    They might use the Green Screen technique to render the mirror during the movie?
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    They might use the Green Screen technique to render the mirror during the movie?
    Can u explain..how that works?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Nope, that's not what they use for sure. I'm quite sure they've quite great camera angles.

X-Engineer
    Can u explain..how that works?
    Green screen is shooting the actors in front of a big green screen and then removing the green background through computer video editing.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yep it is camera angle. Assume that there is an imaginary plane from center of a mirror. Let us say you are at an angle of 50 degrees or more to this plane and distance wise a bit away, person next to you won't be able to see you in mirror.

This is what is the position of camera. I guess this is the reason. Try this in your room mirror.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Issue
    Yep it is camera angle. Assume that there is an imaginary plane from center of a mirror. Let us say you are at an angle of 50 degrees or more to this plane and distance wise a bit away, person next to you won't be able to see you in mirror.

This is what is the position of camera. I guess this is the reason. Try this in your room mirror.
    Awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Here- ๐Ÿ˜€

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    @Issue,
    Just like I had imagined. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    good explaination..
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    @Issue..I still didnt get which of the 2 lines indicate the mirror ??
    Also if you are refering to the angle at which the camera is placed..its ok ....looks fine..
    But again my doubt revolves around the MOVIE INCEPTION..where the camera can be considered as directly perpendicular...just check out the movie...
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I think the thick horizontal line indicates the mirror, am I right Issue?
    It is possible to capture perpendicular reflection in the mirror.

But then how did they capture this, between two parallel mirros? ๐Ÿ˜•
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    But then how did they capture this, between two parallel mirros?
    Yes ..This was what I was looking for???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Government Of India has asked Internet giants like Facebook, Google and Yahoo to device mechanisms to remove objectionable content being uploaded and stored in their databases. Now everyone knows...
Registering a pvt. ltd. company in India now a days is actually a simple process. The overall process is as follows - Obtain a DIN aka Director Identification Number. Anyone...
It becomes due to discharge of electrons ? (or) Air gap induces between transmission line?
i am a 3rd year chemical engineering student at NIT,Durgapur...need to do internships this summer ... help me out.
Whenever I hire programmers, I prefer to give them programming tasks within the interview, or before coming to the interview. I thought that I might share this with fellow CEans,...